Author Topic: Moving - could this be the cause of NW and tantrums?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
Moving - could this be the cause of NW and tantrums?
« on: September 02, 2006, 02:16:58 am »
Our ds is 8 mo and has been NW for about 10 days or so.  Normally 45 mins after he goes to sleep, and then in the past few days, he wakes at around 4am or so, screaming.  We are in the midst of packing and getting ready to move to a new home.  I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it's normal.  We went to the new house today, and it is totally empty.  I brought his pack n play and toys so that he could be in there while I had the windows cleaned and planned on putting away linens,etc.  He SCREAMED when I put him down and I pretty much had to hold him for 2 hours.  He is an independent kid - I never hold him during the day.  He plays on the floor or in his pack n play on his own at home no problem.

Wondering if anyone has some transition help for me.  Also, he is just starting to figure out how to crawl and has been rolling all over the place for about 6 weeks now.  I thikn that I have a lot working against me here.
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Moving - could this be the cause of NW and tantrums?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:08:36 am »
Its possible, especiaslly if you and our DP are stressed about the move. Your DC will pick up on that. Not really sure what else to say to help you out. We got lucky and DD didn't really react to the move.

Sorry I can't be more help :(
Kimberly

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 04:22:56 am »
Nah, that's okay.  I think that both of us are definitely stressed and ds must be picking up on it.

My questions is will he go back to normal?  Wish I knew.
Dana - mom to Dante James, born January 4, 2006 and Gianni Joseph born September 28, 2007!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 12:00:27 pm »
He should yes, but you'll more then likly have to put a lot of effort into it.
Kimberly

Offline mrsmynub

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • My sweet boys
    • Dentino Family Website
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 13:18:27 pm »
I guess that I should just go about things as normal, and let him adjust to it, then.