Author Topic: Going from bad to worse.  (Read 876 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:26:19 am »
A good few weeks ago ds was waking after a df between 2/3am.  (by way now 10wks) then fell back to routinely waking at 1.45 i was certain he wasn't hungry so tried W2S.  Worked so well started sleeping till 4am after a df then out of blue last weekend started waking at 1.30 for a few night (less than 3hrs after a df) So decided to drop df to see what would happen he slept from 7-12.10 seemed hungry fed straight away straight down till 4.10 (hooray a 4 hour stretch).  Following nite woke at 12.10 again and by time i got feed he had fallen asleep till 1.30 by time i got to him with another feed asleep till 2am this time awake to feed.  A massive 7 hour stretch without a feed.  this spurred me on to try an earlier df yesterday i tanked him up more in the day, did a df at 10.15 and yes he woke at 12.10 (less than 2hrs after df) gave dummy a couple of times which held him off without fuss till 2am for a feed then woke at 5 for a feed.

i really do not know now what to do for the best his feed seems to be getting earlier in the night not later.  going on holiday this week so think i am better not doing df and just feeding on first wake up then i am not in and out.  last night i felt i had seen pretty much every hour.  Maybe when we come home if he is consitently waking at same time each night try w2s again.  i just feel my baby falls into a wake up habit so quickly all it takes is 1 interuption and he wakes at that time consistently thereafter.

i am sure it may be due to reflux issues (not pain tho) currently investigating possibility of cows milk allergy with paed apparently i read unexplained night wakings are a symptom.

Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Going from bad to worse.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 16:54:30 pm »
10 weeks is still very very young, and he still has a lot to learn about sleeping and pretty much everything else. It's normal to have some NW during that age, but it does sound like the reflux is contributing. Does he sleep elevated?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o