Author Topic: teething, excema, crawling, separation anxiety all at the same time!! help  (Read 1366 times)

Offline cheriec

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
My lo is really out of sorts.  Any suggestions will help.  he's 9 months.  his top 2 teeth are erupting, he's just started crawling, the teething is aggravating his excema, and if i am in his eyesight and not holding him, he is crying. On tope of that he seems to sleep a lot more than usual.  his usual routine works really well for us.  i also use benadryl as needed for his red itchy excema. 

a couple of specifics.

1. what's the 411 on separation anxiety.  isn't this age about when it starts.  what's the best way to deal with it.
2.  anyone have any wonder cures for excema on the face from droul, rubbing, chewing on things, etc
3.  how long does separation anxiety last

cherie

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: teething, excema, crawling, separation anxiety all at the same time!! help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 18:53:04 pm »
Wow, sounds like there's quite a bit going on right now in your world.

Here are a few links that can help you. 
The first one is from the sleep forum, but it's a great post that answers a lot of your questions about separation anxiety.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62612.0

And here's one on excema from the Health, Medical, and Special Needs forum -- that's a great place to post if you could use some more support on the excema issue.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=57377.0

And another one on teething from the same forum

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=52727.0

HTH, be glad to answer any other questions and maybe some others will be able to give you some additional advice as to what worked during SA for their LOs.

Offline cheriec

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:36:34 am »
Thanks for the info.  I did read it and I think it'll help, but last night was absolutely awful. lo has always been an easy baby and has been a good sleeper.  the last week, he's been quite cranky.  he does have 2 teeth coming out, so we have thought that's the main problem, but after last night, I'm starting to think it's more separation anxiety.  He was up most of the night shreiking in this shrill way.  up for hours, we fed him, gave tylenol, benedryl, rocked him.  for a while he seemed like he liked to play, so we got him up for a while let him play, but he still wouldn't go to sleep.  he only slept for several 30min or 1 hr spells.  my nerves are shot.  please help!!

Offline cheriec

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 11:48:57 am »
Should I move this to the sleep board?  Can someone tell me how?

Offline cheriec

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 18:29:48 pm »
The day is going ever so slightly better than last night.  Here's our usual routine.

wake 6:30-7; breakfast
nap 9:30 (1 hr or 1.5)
lunch 11
nap ~1:30 (usu 2 hrs or so)
snack 3ish
dinner 6:30
bath, bed around 7

his awake mood is better today.still not sleeping well.  took a 1 hr morning nap after very little sleep last night.  went back down at 12:30, woke screaming at 1 and seems to be settling off now. 

one think i've noticed. when i go in, he settles when he sees me and if i pick him up as well.  when i put him back down, he arches his back and screams like i've never heard him scream before.  so I think it works better if i just stand outside the door and wait.  it's amazing how a crying baby can send a normally stable person to the edge of breakdown.  I suppose your advice will probably say to just stay the course, which i will.  but i need some encouragement please.

also, we feel the excema is no longer an issue.  since his awake time is fairly happy, i don't know if its the teeth.  so in my mind i've narrowed it down to sep. anx and milestone--crawling. 

please give me your thoughts and a little pep talk wouldn't hurt

with great thanks
cherie