Author Topic: Night feed or no Night feed....  (Read 908 times)

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Night feed or no Night feed....
« on: September 07, 2006, 13:06:26 pm »
My LO is turing 5 mo next week. She goes to bed around 6:30 and wakes up 6ish. (E:5:45pm, DF 9:30pm).
For the past few days I have tried not to night feed. In the night, she usually wakes up around 3:45, settles herself back to sleep and wakes up again around 5. Goes back to sleep for another 40-45min. Wakes up around six, gets her breakfast and starts the day. No night feed seems fine. But I'm really worried that she's not getting enough sleep. Not a good quality sleep.
As a worried mum, I sort of gave her 2nd DF (3oz.) last night, before she woke up around 3ish. She slept through the night, only made some baby noises around 5, and slept till 6:15. GREAT! I thought we'll start the day like we use to. I was wrong :( She doesn't want her bottle! It took me over an hour to feed her!
Here's my problem: should I night feed her and let DD sleep throught the night, then face a terrible eater in the day? Or, No night feed and let my LO sleep fitfully?
Any suggestions?

I will try to decrease the amount of 2nd DF tonight and see how it goes....

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Night feed or no Night feed....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 16:29:32 pm »
I vote no night feed.  If she is not eating well in the day when you do one then I would say she doesn't need it.  That is how I knew that B could go without.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 16:30:32 pm »
Oh I also meant to say that eventually they sleep better it just takes some time for them to get used to not having the feed.  My 9 month old it still a bit restless some nights

Offline M and N's Mom

• Sari - Mom to 2 Spirited Kids!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • They're growing up so fast!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 18:03:56 pm »
I would say no night feed.  You don't want her to get into the habit of getting her calories at night.  If she can settle herself when she wakes, that's great.  My personal philosophy has become to not feed at night unless my DS is truly hungry.  Ultimately you want no night feeds, right?

Is your DD gaining weight appropriately so she shouldn't need the extra calories at night?