Author Topic: 5am silliness  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
5am silliness
« on: September 07, 2006, 19:01:59 pm »
How old is your child?  5 months 5 days
What’s his/her daily routine?  
On a perfect day  ::)
Wakes 6:30/7am
Eats 7am
Sleep from 9-11  (now sleep around 40 minutes or so  :P)
Eats 11am
Sleeps from 1:00-2:40ish (if she slept 2 hours which hasn't happened in awhile)
Eats 3pm
4pm Solids
Cat Nap from 5:00-5:30
To Bed by 7pm

What’s nap routine?  Diaper change, sing a song, swaddle, paci and she's asleep. She won't sleep out usually, so 99% of naps take place in crib
How long are naps? The past week or so she has been sleeping 30 minute - 1 hr (should be around 2 hours) and then sleeps 1.5 hours then 30 minutes.  
What's bedtime routine? Time?  Bed around 7pm - 6:15 eat, Bath, PJ's, Finish bottle while singing, reading, kiss good night, lay in crib (unswaddled).  She will sometimes talk to herself for 15-30 minutes then falls asleep.
Do you bottle or breastfed??   Bottle
How much? or how long?  5-6 oz first 3 bottles, 8oz bedtime bottle, no dream feed,

How many wakes per night?  One
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Normally she just talks and then when she realizes no one is there she starts to fussy cry. At that point I ususally go in and give her back her paci.  It doesn't work as she then wants to eat. After I feed her she sometimes goes back to sleep a few minutes after I have left and other times she just talks, fusses for a long while.  It can be up to 1 hour 30 minutes sometimes (from time she woke up until time she went back to sleep)
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?   The mantra cry I still don't understand.  I go in when I can here she is getting frustrated.  
What have you tried to settle??   Mainly give a paci.  
What do you do for A time and how long is it?  A time after bottle till the 2 hour mark or until she gets tired.  We sit her up for 30 minutes or so after she eats (acid reflux), tummy time, rolling time, johnny jump up, we go for a walk every morning (Usually), sits in bumbo, exersauser, etc.
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? We think she started to really teeth 3 days ago.  She rolls on her side/sleep on her side, but doesn't really roll all the way over and has only done it once in her crib.
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? Once a day at 4pm, 1 hr after her bottle.  1-2 tbs full of rice cereal mixed with fruit/veggie.
Do they have a prop? If so what is it?  At night she really doesn't have a prop.  The paci isn't something she needs at night.
Do they have a lovie? No

I posted a few weeks ago about night wakings, but things are a bit different now.  

3 days this week she hasn't needed a feed. Once W2S worked and she actually slept till 6:45am.  She always wakes right around 5pm. Last night we tried W2S at 4:30 and she was already awake  ??? (usually 5pm).  I left right away. She start to fuss, I tried to give her a paci and she started to cry.  I picked her up and she wouldn't stop.  I could get her to stop for a few minutes but that was it, so we decided to feed her and she drank it all.  I really don't think on a normal day she is hungry, because she wakes up playing and playing, making all kinds of silly noises.  How can I stop this silliness?  With W2S do I go in at different times each night? I think that she wakes at out habit and then after playing awhile remembers that she can get food and then starts up.  I don't know that she actually needs it.  Ahhh, what to do.  I am getting zero sleep since DH gets up at 4am and then DD gets up at 5 and won't be quiet  ::)  ::)  ;D

Thanks.
Melissa

I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: 5am silliness
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:53:19 am »
On a new note....Grace woke at 4am on the dot this morning.  I ended up feeding becuase she was getting really ancey before I went in there.

It use to be waking up at 5am on the dot everyday and once we did W2S she woke up at 4:30 the next night and 4am this night????

Could that still be habitual?

Could using a red night light help?  I head about it on our birth club thread.

It's almost 5am so I am going to see if I can go back to sleep.

Thanks
Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:27:15 am »
lol, Mel, I have no advice but I just wanted to say I'm sorry both you and your dd don't get much sleep in the morning...
maybe it's just a phase? maybe she wants to practice rolling or talking or whatever else? I've posted before about 4 am wakings too but they're gone now! dd was obviously practicing her new ability to roll.

and IMHO teething CAN affect sleep- if LO is in pain/uncomfortable won't sleep through. I know I wouldn't... ;P

HUGS to you and hope you'll get some neat sleep soon  :-*
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 17:57:39 pm »
I suspect good ol' teething!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Annieman

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 14:12:05 pm »
I hope you get some helpful advice... it looks like we have the same baby!! My DD is the same age, same routine, same wake up time. I'm getting tired!! 
I can only attribute it to teething because she's been such a good sleeper before all this started (about a week ago).
Good luck...:)