Author Topic: Night sleeping ok, Naps are trouble  (Read 826 times)

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
Night sleeping ok, Naps are trouble
« on: September 08, 2006, 00:56:02 am »
My 9 week old does great at night.  He wakes up, eats then goes right back to sleep.  At night, I can more often than not lay him down while he is still drowsy and he will fall asleep on his own. 

Naps are a different story.  I watch for signs of tiredness during the day and can usually get him to sleep fine, but getting him to STAY asleep is the trouble.  He'll wake up 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc after falling asleep (no more REM or jerky arm movements).  So, I usually end up holding him during the day while he sleeps.  The older he gets the worse the napping gets.  Any advice?  (This is NOT helping my PPD)

Offline bellymum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 00:59:43 am »
Hi Toto,
Well I feel like a newbie too, altho my lo was 5 months this week.
All i can say (although hardly know what I am doing myself most of the time!) is try shh pat when your lo wakes up after 5 or 10 minutes. I did this with mine at about 9/10 weeks and it worked like a charm and he'd go back to sleep for an hour and 15 minutes.
Good luck!

Bellymum

Offline rudojen

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I like to eat!
Re: Night sleeping ok, Naps are trouble
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 01:46:14 am »
Mine is only 5 weeks, but naps have been getting better and better (although I probably just jinxed myself...).  Quinn fights his swaddle and kicks about - patting doesn't seem to work so well for him, so I have been holding one hand over his legs and one hand lightly on his chest as I shhh him.  It seems to work since he can't move his legs about so much and he knows that I am there.