Author Topic: any suggestions for 10 month old?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline kenj93

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: September 08, 2006, 15:40:30 pm »
Hi there,

I have posted here previously and found everyone very helpful.

My daughter is almost 10 months old and is continuing to wake during the night and then stays awake for at least 2 hours.

I just changed her routine to one nap a day to see if that helps at all.

She wakes around 7 and then naps at 11:30am til around 1:30pm.  She goes to bed around 7-7:30pm

I just recently (like last week) weaned her at night but she still continues to wake up.  I don't nurse her anymore at night.  I usually nurse her about 4 times a day and she eats three meals and has her snacks.

She doesn't even wake the same time every night.  It could be anywhere from 9pm on.

Do you suggest pick up put down?  I had my husband try it and she cried till she couldn't breathe and I couldn't deal with it anymore.  She goes to bed in her crib by herself during her naps but at nighttime I stand there til she falls asleep because she will cry.   I don't rock or nurse her to sleep.  I just stand there.

Any sugggestions?

Thanks, Kendra

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: any suggestions for 10 month old?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 04:04:19 am »
Sounds like it might be seperation anxiaty. Have you tried walk in/walk out?
Kimberly

Offline kenj93

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 15:23:08 pm »
Hi there,

Unfortunately, We share a room with her because I also have a two year old and they don't share yet.  I don't want the baby waking up the 2 year so she is still in my room in a crib.  That is part of the problem because she knows I am right there in the middle of the night.

I have tried walk in and out when I put her to bed and she screams bloody murder.  I know I have to keep trying that as well because at naps I just leave the room and she goes right to sleep.

Last night she was up from 2am-4am.  She is tired and doesn't even open her eyes most of the time.  It seems like she just can't get herself back to sleep for some reason.

I do think part of the problem is seperation though but it is killing me.  I am so tired!!!

Kendra

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 70
Re: any suggestions for 10 month old?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 15:46:08 pm »
Is she in pain at night or is it a "want company and help to get back to sleep" cry?  Savannah's teeth, ears, and tummy don't bother her until nighttime.  :(  Her days are perfect though.

Offline kenj93

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 15:55:47 pm »
Hi there,

She cries until I pick her up from her crib and after that doesn't cry anymore but is very restless.  She tosses and turns until I pick her up again and usually, I end up taking her in my bed for the remainder of the night.  Not the best idea, but at 4 in the morning I just succumb to the exhaustion.  It is definitely a "I want my mommy" cry not a painful cry.

She is great during the day also.  She is a really busy little baby and just a real doll!  Always on the go!

My two year old is her exact opposite.  Very relaxed and can't wait to go to bed.  She naps two hours a day and sleeps about 12 hours a night.  As soon as we tell her it is bed time, she runs upstairs as fast as she can.  Today at 11:10am she went to her room to go to bed on her own and she had gotten up for the day at 8am after sleeping since 7:45pm the night before.  And I had to wake her up.  I guess I was spoiled by her and  expected it to be the same.  Definitely not the same personalities!!

Kendra