Author Topic: Mantra Cries  (Read 1358 times)

Offline hatshetsut

• Formerly hollyj
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
  • Peekaboo!
    • Global Tots Travel Blog
Mantra Cries
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:27:07 pm »
What is a mantra cry, and what does it sound like? Abby makes this whinning noise that sounds like a car trying to start. Is that a mantra, and if she makes the noise should I just let her be? ??? (She makes it when going down to sleep which has been problematic lately.)

Thanks~

PS: She is 17 weeks old.
Abigail - Defines Spirited! - 5-1-06

Katherine - Is a mystery wrapped in a cute package - 4-13-10

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
Re: Mantra Cries
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 13:54:00 pm »
Hi,
I think this link might be able to answer your question.  When my LO makes his mantra cry I just leave him alone and just listen in case it becomes something that I have to check on.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=70545.msg555506#msg555506

Offline coby1756

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 17:58:25 pm »
I'm also confused about mantra cries.  I don't know if I could tell the difference!  When do you find your baby does the mantra cry?  Is it a little bit after you've put them down or right away?

Offline hatshetsut

• Formerly hollyj
  • Showing Appreciation 59
  • Peekaboo!
    • Global Tots Travel Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 19:14:14 pm »
Well, mine starts it about 30 seconds after I put her down. She also tends to make the same cry when she starts to get tired. How about yours?

I really fear that I am making her dependent on me for comfort, but I also don't want to leave her to CIO. Ugh, babies, such a quandary!  :-\
Abigail - Defines Spirited! - 5-1-06

Katherine - Is a mystery wrapped in a cute package - 4-13-10

Offline arial

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 15:10:12 pm »
In my experience, manta cries do sound different that the other cries.  To many LO, is their way of getting to sleep.  Just leave them alone when they are doing their manta cry.  The manta cry for my LO can occur soon after a put him in bed, when he is tired, or after he has tried to fall asleep on his own and has been unable to do so. There are times that my LO tries to fall asleep on his own or 20 minutes and when he is not successful, he just starts to do the manta cry.

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 14:04:27 pm »
with my lo, a mantra cry is VERY obvious. It's almost like she is moaning and whining...
 hjarovsky -that is how i would almost describe it as my MIL said yesterday she sounded like a motor that wouldn't start...she sucks on her fingers and whines at the same time. It generally does not escalate very loudly and there are certainly no real tears with it...she is generally pretty tired when she is doing it. Sometimes it will turn into a cry..most often not though. She gets pretty spaced out when she is doing it..ie she will be lying there...eyes half shut and moaning...
hth :)
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80