Author Topic: Somewhat of a food question -- more about toddler "withholding BM's"  (Read 816 times)

Offline trigirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
So. my little guy (2.5) has been withholding his BM's for too long now. When one finally squeezes past him (literally), it is soft, so he's not constipated. I went to the doc's last night, and he said his abdomen is distented, and gut is filled with....you guessed it. He suggested Lansoyl, which is a raspberry flavoured jelly, containing 80% mineral oil. My question(s) for you ladies: 1) how do I get him to eat this jelly (he had some this morning on his toast and peanut butter, but will not eat it directly from the spoon). 2) He has always been a poor drinker -- doesn't like juice, and only drinks milk or water, and only occasionally. How do I get him to drink more liquids? He does eat a ton of fruits and veggies, which are mostly water, but I would like him to drink the real thing. His diet is fairly high in soluble and insoluble fiber, and we rarely eat processed foods. He just doesn't want to poo!!!! I've read this is fairly "common" in 2-3 yr old boys. It's driving me crazy though!! Thanks for any advice. I'm still trying to get my 3 week old daughter on EASY too :)

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Somewhat of a food question -- more about toddler "withholding BM's"
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 18:43:48 pm »
yes, i think this seem to quite common for 2-3 year old boys. as my friend's 2.5 year old son also having this problem.

how about soups? does he like that?
or smoothie?
and prune as a snack?

mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby