Author Topic: stopped the feeding but still waking now what?  (Read 897 times)

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
stopped the feeding but still waking now what?
« on: September 10, 2006, 22:55:34 pm »
Ok I'm so proud of myself for finally getting ride of the night feedings, But some nights Tatum is still waking up and sometimes it takes a while to settle her. I don't think it's hunger anymore because she has slept through without a feed but I still don't understand why she is waking. We used a gentler form of CIO, more like fuss it out as I was always one to rush in at the slightest whimper. Pu/pd does not work for her as it gets her hysterical and pt/sh makes her laugh at me. Sometimes the soother works but like last night she was still crying with the soother in her mouth. She calms down if I stand and stroke her face but is this making me a prop. Just unsure were to go from here. I don't want to start feeding her as I don't think she needs it. She is eating so much better in the day and I think for the last little while the feedings were more of a habit then hunger. Anyone have any suggestions. It's been four nights since she was last feed in the night and on Friday she slept through without waking so I know she can d it. Is it just a matter of time till she gets used to not waking and being feed?
Kim
How old is your child? 9 months
What’s his/her daily routine? the routine is a modified easy as her awake time has gotten longer
What’s nap routine? She naps about every 3 hours
How long are naps? 1-1.5
What's bedtime routine? Time? bath, bottle, snuggles, bed
Do you bottle or breastfed?? Bottle
How much? or how long?  between 6-8 oz
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night?  Down to one
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? She starts of fussing and then starts crying
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? Crying
What have you tried to settle?? Everything (see above)
What do you do for A time and how long is it? We play ,go shopping,walks ,to the park she can handle about 3 hours of A time.
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? She just cut 4 new teeth
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) She has three meals a day
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? She has a soother,but most of the time doesn't use it
Do they have a lovie? Trying to introduce a teddy for her to sleep with
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:01:29 am by Tatumsmom »

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: stopped the feeding but still waking now what?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 19:32:09 pm »
hi,

i agree with you - she does not need to eat anymore at night.  yes, she can do it. 

i think you might want to do a bit of reading about mantra crying, and make sure you can tell the difference between her mantra cry and her real cry.  here are a couple of threads about mantra crying:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=71572.0
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=70545.0

if she is mantra crying, you can leave her be.  but if she is really crying, you need to go to her & soothe her.

the other thing you probably want to read up on is separation anxiety.  this is a prime time for that to start:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62612.0
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline macsmum

• Showing Appreciation 111
Re: stopped the feeding but still waking now what?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 20:32:33 pm »

just to let u know my ds continued to wake for about 10 nights then no more, once he realised i wasnt gonna give in he gave up ;D
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.