Author Topic: how do you get LO to wake up at 7?  (Read 951 times)

Offline dreamgirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 11, 2006, 00:18:26 am »
LO hardly EVER gets up at 7am.. its more like somewhere between 5-6am... is there a way to get them to sleep longer -- his bedtime is between 7-730pm at night... but once he wakes in the morning he is up for 45 min. - an hour and goes down for his first nap... yesterday was a fluke and he went back to sleep at 5 until 7am.. im just not sure how to get him to sleep later, if thats possible! (starting our E.A.S.Y. at 7am would be a LOT better but im sure if we can get there!)

:) thanks..

dreamgirl

Offline Messa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
Re: how do you get LO to wake up at 7?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:41:22 am »
I am posting to help bump you up, but I do know that when you get a response they will want you to post your total routine here are the questions you should answer.  Good Luck!!

How old is your child?

What’s his/her daily routine?

What’s nap routine?

How long are naps?

What's bedtime routine? Time?

Do you bottle or breastfed??

How much? or how long?

How many wakes per night?

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up?

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?

What have you tried to settle??

What do you do for A time and how long is it?

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)

Do they have a prop? If so what is it?

Do they have a lovie?
Melissa

Offline dreamgirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 17:55:33 pm »
How old is your child? LO is 14 weeks (almost 15)

What’s his/her daily routine? everyday is different but this is what i posted yesterday: (let me say, we've NEVER had a day this good!)
E 5am - back to sleep until 7am (he has NEVER gone back down until 7am!!)
A 7:00-7:30
E 7:30-7:40
S 7:40-8:10 tried to get DS down but he SCREAMED until he was way too worked up. removed him from our room for a break. tried again at 9am - slept 9am-10:15am
E 10:30-10:40
A 10:40-11:15
S 11:15-11:45 (in the stroller while we were out - he was then awake until next feed)
E 1:30 -1:40
A 1:40-2:15
S 2:15-3:00 (in the car - which is unusual for him, he HATES the car!)
E 4:30-4:40
A 4:40-5:15
S 5:20-6:00 (on me, we were visiting family - exactly what i'm trying to NOT have him do - sleep on me!!) - stayed awake until next feeding
E 7:30 -7:40
A -wind down before bed (jammies, baby massage, quiet music, nurse, swaddle, lay down in bassinet
S - not a peep!! layed him down and he was out in 2 minutes!!!!!!

What’s nap routine? - sing 'you are my sunshine', swaddle (now breaks free..ugh) shh/pat

How long are naps? -30 sometimes 40 minutes... very rarely an 1-1.5 hours... (no rhyme or reason to why sometimes they are long/short!)

What's bedtime routine? Time? -bath, jammies, baby massage, books (sometimes) sit in rocking chair, nurse with sleepy time music, swaddle, into bed ..(shh/pat if needed)

Do you bottle or breastfed?? breastfeed but he will take a bottle of breast milk

How much? or how long? hes a fast one! 5-9 minutes on each side (was doing one side, has just recently gone to both sides) but most of the time its around 6 minutes..in a bottle most times 4 oz. but sometimes up to 6oz.

How many wakes per night? 2-3 if hes unswaddled sometimes more..

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up?  he is up long enough to eat if its been a few hours since he went down, after that its evey 3  hours-- if hes eating its just long enough to eat and usually goes right back to sleep -- if hes unswaddled or mad he cant suck his fingers (which he cant quiet get the hang of yet) it could be forever.. he was up last night at 3:30, 4, 4:30, 5, 5:45 for the day...

When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? i wait until hes crying -- i try the paci but if hes hungry i know right away - if hes just fussing i try to soothe him but it doesnt usually work

What have you tried to settle?? shh/pat - reswaddling (which has worked a few times)

What do you do for A time and how long is it? play on playmat, walks in the stroller, play on my lap, hangout outside

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? i believe he is teething, but this has been going on for almost 4 weeks now (no teeth yet) - and prior to this, he was sleeping 9pm-4am (he would sleep 7-9pm on me, id nurse him and lay him down awake and he'd put himself to sleep -- i dont know what changed and triggered these sleepless nights!)

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) - we haven't introduced it yet.. a few more weeks until hes 4 months..

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? - he was sleeping on me during the day but we are in the process of trying to break that -- hence the 30 minute naps - when he napped on me it was up to 2 sometimes 2.5 hours..  i was swaying or bouncing to get him to sleep.. now i think we've tried to break all of that and are really working hard to just do shh/pat... but if there are any props, i would say its rocking, swaying or bouncing..

Do they have a lovie? yes- he loves it- a little green froggy head with a little blanket attached..

Any suggestions or help would be great!!

Thanks so  much -
dreamgirl

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
Re: how do you get LO to wake up at 7?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 02:58:34 am »
I hate to tell you this but I don't think there is a way to make LO's sleep longer in the morning.  If their natural biorhythms is to wake up early then you may have to go with that for now.  It maybe until their 3 years old that LO maybe able to adjust to our wake up times (this is from my pedi). 

Are you going to him too early when you hear him wake up at 5am?  Is he hungry at that time?  If he is hungry, I'd feed him and put him back to bed and try to get him back sleep (if possible)  If not, I'd suggest you leave him alone when he wakes up at 5am and see if he will fall back asleep.  My LO will always fall back asleep if I leave him alone and he usually will sleep for another hour or more.  But if your LO doesn't fall back asleep, then just start your day at that time.

HTH
Mel