Author Topic: 19 week old, frequent waking - help please.  (Read 744 times)

Offline tippy.tap

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19 week old, frequent waking - help please.
« on: September 11, 2006, 08:37:40 am »
Hiya,

I'm a newbie here and have been reading the posts, so I know a lot of Mum's have problems with their Lo's waking at night.  I've also read the Baby Whisperer books, but don't know why my lo has started to wake up, so can someone help please?

My lo is 19 weeks old and weighs about 18lb.  For the past 3/4  weeks has started to wake up several t imes between 1-5 am every night.  She doesn't want feeding and all I do is go in, pop her dummy in, stroke her cheek and she's away for 45mins-90mins.

She also doesn't sleep properly during the day, she only naps for 45 mins - up for 1 hr 15, then down again.  I've tried extending her naps but she SCREAMS and really doesnt want to sleep!

Our routine is this -

6.30am - E, 8oz hungry baby milk
7.45am - s
8.30am - a
9.30am - s
10.30am - e
11.30am - s
12.30pm - a
1.30pm - s
2.30pm - e, 9oz normal formula
3.30pm - s
4.30pm - e, 8oz hungry baby milk
5.30pm - bath
6.00pm, top up of milk and bed

Then we have the wakings in the early morning.....

Offline RenneE

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 19 week old, frequent waking - help please.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 11:43:59 am »
My little guy will be 18 weeks tomorrow. He was (and still) started waking up 4 - 6 times in the middle of the night most after 1:00am. This started about 4 weeks ago. Since then I've been reading and researching other posts and site and found the it's very common for a 4 month baby to wake frequently. Some will tell you to let them CIO, but I tried it and couldn't do it. I may change my mind in another month. He goes to bed really well, he just gets up a lot. Last night was a good night he ate at 10:30 and 2:15 then woke up 3 other times because his pacifier fell out, I put it back in and he was back out. A week ago I would go in and put it in and he would start to cry, if it was before 4 hours from his last feed, I would give him a sip of water from a bottle (which now I have by his bed every night) put his pacifier in and rock for 1 min then once I see his eyes start to shut I put him back in his crib, he stirs for a second then falls back to sleep. The process take under 5 min (if it's not a feeding). I have also adjusted his night light a little brighter in his room, I was thinking it may be too dark and I turn down his noise maker, thought it was too loud. Last week he started to eat one more ounce and is now up to 4-5 ounces every 3 1/2-4 hrs. I try to push to 4 hrs, but sometimes he can't wait. His schedule is below:
5:30am up to take to daycare
6:00 am 4-5 ozs. formula
activity
nap (varies) 45 min-1hr
9:30/10:00 am 4-5 ozs. formula
activity
nap 45 min-2 hrs
1:30/2:00pm 4-5 ozs. formula
activity
nap 45 min-2 hrs
5:00pm 1/4 cup cereal w/ half jar applesauce or bananas & 2 1/2 ozs. formula mixed in. (loves it)
activity
try to keep up - no nap
7:00 bath
7:30 bed and 4 oz. formula
This is pretty close, but always varies.