Author Topic: No appetite to fit into EASY  (Read 2641 times)

Offline LJCsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: No appetite to fit into EASY
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:13:59 am »
O, what a day!
We started off on the right foot again. Last night Liam woke quite a bit and at one point I heard his stomach growl, but kind of pushed it aside since it was 3:30 am.
Bf all day again and he was sucking furiously, I was feeling like he wasn't getting enough so I put him on the other breast and he seemed satisfied after.
I also stuck to the same routine as the last couple of days.
At one nap I heard his stomach growl again. But he seemed happy and everything seemed to be going well.
Then I changed his diaper, around 3 and in his diaper was brick staining, or uric acid crystals.
I remembered reading before that this was perfectly natural for a newborn but couldn't find any info for a 4 month old. I called the health nurse and I explained everything that has been happening lately and she said the uric acid comes from concentrated urine and that Liam was not getting enough fluids.
So she said to me to stick to bf, for the next 4,5 days: eat well, drink lots of water, rest 3x day and have Liam nurse every 2 hours and if he doesn't then pump. If that doesn't work then I can ask my doc for some meds. Hopefully we don't have to resort to that. So that's where we are today. Had a meltdown after I got off the phone with the nurse thinking o my god I'm starving my baby. But I'm focused on the task at hand now.
EASY is going to get a bit mixed up but that's ok cause once I get my supply re-established(cross your fingers) I will get back on track. And like you all said, the nurse agrees he's got his feedings mixed up and I need to cut down his night feedings to increase the daytime cals. So will also work on that after my supply gets better.
Will update in a few days.
Aja