Author Topic: Runny nose - is it a cold or is it bread?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline nsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Runny nose - is it a cold or is it bread?
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:57:36 am »
Hi,
I was wanting to run this by you guys for your advice. My 8MO DD has had a runny nose for around 6 days - clear but no other cold symptoms. I introduced bread (organic wholemeal bread) with a bit of vegemite (I'm an aussie  ;) ) - there is wheat intolerance on my side of the family (not allergy) so is this something I should watch with her over the next few days? There are alot of colds going around and the weather has been cold and wet so it could be a cold but I'm not sure. What is a good bread that caters for wheat intolerance's that I could give to her at this age?

Thanks

SB

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Runny nose - is it a cold or is it bread?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:15:12 am »
It could be either - does she have any other intolerance symptoms? If not, I might wait a few more days and see. If she still has a runny nose, stop the bread and see if it clears up. I know they do make wheat/gluten free breads but not sure what brands or how they taste - do you have an organic market or the like near you?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline nsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Runny nose - is it a cold or is it bread?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 06:14:39 am »
I'll keep at eye on her for the next few days but no other symptoms that I can see. Yes there is an organic store near me - i had her on organic wholemeal sourdough. Thanks for the advice.