Author Topic: EASY for 45 minute napper  (Read 990 times)

Offline numberonenole

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 12, 2006, 19:59:42 pm »
Any suggestions? It just doesn't seem like any kind of a routine. He is happy and wants up after 45 minute naps and he won't have anything to do with extending them. Hmmmm. Thanks!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: EASY for 45 minute napper
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 20:14:00 pm »
numberonenole

How old is your lo?

Can you post his routine for us please.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline numberonenole

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 21:49:55 pm »
Sorry! He is 5 1/2 months. We used to be on a 2 1/2 hour Easy which worked perfect with the 45 minute naps, but now he is awake for 2 hour stretches and I am trying to feed him every 3 - 3 1/2 hours (3 1/2 the first time in the morning then it usually gets shorter as the day goes on). So we wake up and eat, play, then sleep. At this point only 2 3/4 hours have gone by so we do activity, then eat, then activity, then sleep. Now when he wakes up from his nap it once again isn't time to eat and so on. It is so confusing. I spend a lot of my day saying " OK next nap at 10:30 next feeding at 11:45" and so on...with a lot of repeating because I forget! I have tried to get him to nap longer but he wants up after 45 minutes and he seems happy and not sleepy. The only problem I do have is getting him to stretch his eating out. He gets hungry quicker than he should and can't get close to 4 hours between eating all day. He wakes up randomly twice a night to eat (he's hungry for sure!). I am trying to wait until he is 6 months to start solids so we have a couple of more weeks to go, although I guess we are close enough to start! I am breastfeeding now. Thanks again for any suggestions! It was so easy doing EASY for so long, but then when he got older it all went out the window.

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: EASY for 45 minute napper
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 19:33:31 pm »
When you say your lo is waking up in the night for a feed - are you doing a cluster feed or dreamfeed?

You say you are breastfeeding - Does you lo take from one side or both per feeding?

You also say that he gets hungry quicker - how many hours is he going typically between feeds?

Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007