Author Topic: When to Wean Last Bottle?  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: When to Wean Last Bottle?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 19:53:42 pm »
Another thing we did when we got rid of bottles was to have some cereal (like baby cereal) for a snack before bedtime and we never had night wakings.

Sounds like she is doing really well.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 20:07:05 pm »
Thanks guys. As of yesterday, she stopped letting me spoon feed her (and can't/won't do it herself) so baby cereal is out of the question - but maybe will try a different snack and eventually a later dinner. She woke very cranky and seemed hungry this morning but would only drink 2 ounces and would not let me feed her - so she fed herself a quarter of a toasted, buttered English muffin and a few cheerios and few apple bites. She had another 3 ounces before her morning nap and again seemed starving for an early lunch - but only had half an ounce and half a turkey meatball and a few Just Peas. Then she had another 3 ounces before second nap (so at 8.5 so far, not bad). BUT she's not acting herself at all and has a slight fever (99.8) and keeps grabbing her ears. I think it's teething/molars but we are bringing her to the doctor this evening to be sure since she's acting so odd... Hopefully she'll eat some dinner first - but we'll see...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 20:13:43 pm »
Oh she's definitely teething - but I'm not sure if she's also sick... But I do think she was hungry when crying out/whimpering early this morning. Jenn - will PM you tonight re changing user name - I think I went to my account profile and did something there.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 23:58:11 pm »
Sounds like you are doing great.  Really once you take the bottle away (which you have) you don't want to give it back cause it will be much harder the next time (at least that is what I have heard).  I would just keep encouraging the meals and snacks and once her teeth are in she may let you spoon feed again.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 00:32:24 am »
Thanks Lana, I've heard that as well about the bottle. She did let me spoon feed her half a jar of veggies tonight and a bit of fruit too and she ate almost two Perdue chicken nuggets and a bit of toast. And then a hard pretzel in her stroller as a snack. And then she had 3.5 ounces from her straw cup during her normal Sesame before bed - so that was better! She ended up at 12.5 ounces - although no yogurt or cheese today. We decided to hold off with the doctor for now - she seemed a little better after her afternoon nap - I really think it's mostly teeth - and she won't let me in there to brush them or check at all! Thanks again for all your help!