Poll

We seem to have fallen into an A.E.S.Y routine - any ideas how to change it round?

EASY
0 (0%)
SLEEP
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: EASY  (Read 943 times)

Offline charlesworth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 13, 2006, 19:48:28 pm »
Our five week old oftne falls asleep while feeding, if we try to wake her for a bath/ nappy change etc, she becomes very difficult to settle and often won't settle at all until after the next feed.  This means that she is sometimes awake for up to four hours!  Any ideas would be much appreciated - we are first timers at this parenting lark!!!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: EASY
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 20:02:02 pm »
When you are feeding you your DD and you notice that she is starting to drift off, have you tried stopping the feed and burping her.  You find a lot of the time when a lo falls asleep on a feed it is due to wind. 

It may be worth a try, that way you can finish the feed have your activity and then go down for nap, and that way your lo is not asleep when putting down for a nap.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline charlesworth

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 21:10:40 pm »
We spend ages winding her - although she doesn't seem to burp that much!  Any other ideas?

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 19:11:21 pm »
Where abouts are you?

In the UK we have these drops that you can give to yoru lo called infacol - This helps all the tiny air bubbles gather into one, and makes your lo give one almighty burp and then the wind is up.

Offline charlesworth

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 20:53:42 pm »
I am in UK.  We have tried Infacol which was excellent for burps but lo still not settling especially in evening so health visitor suggested we try Colief.  She is now calmer but is still not settling and getting good sleeps.  For instance today she woke for her 4am feed, but then would not settle after that so I took her into bed with me (dreadful I know!) she snoozed for maybe 30 mins and was then crying/ unsettled utnil next feed at 8, the pattern was then repeated after each feed.  I'd think 'she's so tired she'll definately sleep after this feed' and she didn't!  Feel like evrything is really hard - what are people's views on letting a baby cry if you know they are not wet, hungry or in pain?  Would she learn to sleep o her own if I did that?

Offline * Paula *

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 18:27:48 pm »
Colief is good, as it breaks down the lactose in the milk to help the baby digest it better.

What formula are you feeding your lo?  It could be that the formula is not agreeing with her.

Does your lo suffer from Reflux?  Does she spit up at all?

I would suggest having a look on the Colic / Reflux boards, and perhaps posting about the crying on there, they may be able to give you a bit more help.