Author Topic: DD talking to herself at 5am!!  (Read 1172 times)

andibig

DD talking to herself at 5am!!
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:09:57 am »
I'm not sure what sleep board this should go on so feel free to move it.

BTW DD is 15 months
Sasha has recently made the transition to 1 nap and mostly its going fine.and also started walking last week ;D
For the past three days she has been waking at 5am talking to herself on and off for about 20-30 mins and then goes back to sleep!! I think shes waking but i don't go into her room to check LOL.Now i'm not sure if its something in her routine that needs changing like a later bedtime.i'm saying this cos MIL stayed for those two days except last night. MIL shares the same room with DD and gets up at 5am anyways (habit for MIL).

Heres DD routine at the mo

7.30-wake and milk (used to be 7am)
8.00-brekkie
11.30-lunch (usually has juice in between b/fast and lunch)
12.30-nap (usually in DD room by 12.15)
2.30-wake up and snack (sometimes up at 3.00)
5.00-dinner
6.00-bath
6.30-milk,brush teeth, bed

Her bedtime used to be 7pm but we moved it earlier since the transition so she wasn't getting over tired by bedtime.

She normally wakes up in a good mood, eats well most of the time.i think she is teething as she is still dribbling etc.her last eye tooth has cut through but isn't all the way up-although she is sticking her fingers right to the back of her mouth.

so do you think i just need to move her bedtime back to its original time of 7pm??

Offline Two mummies

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 28
  • Riley
Re: DD talking to herself at 5am!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 06:17:24 am »
Hiya,

Our little one has almost the same routine as yours! Three out of five days she also wakes up pretty early 5.30am and chats quietly to herself. We are currently trying to transition to 1 nap.We tend to get her up at 6.00am because that's whenthe household wakes up and gets ready for work. No idea if she would put herself back to sleep or not. Interestingly if we put Riley to bed later (usually 6.30) she is more likely to wake up at 5.30am!

I;ve said it before and I'll say it again...babies are weird :P
Sophie & Jo
Same-sex parents

andibig

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:01:48 pm »
twomummies
i'm pretty sure the reason Sasha is sleeping later in the morning is cos shes started walking - so physically shes more tired. since she was a 5am waker for months until her 1st birthday i'll take it while i can ;D
Sasha talks loads during the day as well ;D ;D
I think i will move her bedtime later gradually so its back to 7pm.i'm just grateful shes sleeping so much these days.

Offline cliffrose

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 00:23:19 am »
No offense, but it doesn't seem like you HAVE a problem- yes, she is waking up, but she isn't calling for you, and she isn't trying to start her day.  You can't force her to sleep then, so IMHO just ignore it. You might try to turn the monitor down if that is waking you up....

NYCKelly

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:13:02 am »
I agree with the above. My DD sometimes gets up around 5:30 happy and talking to herself...I usually don't go in to get her until 6.  Occassionally she gets bored and ends up going back to sleep for another 1/2 hour.

Offline Knonie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 21:02:16 pm »
I would agree with NYC Kelly and Cliffrose! Our dd nearly always wakes sometime between 4 & 5 am and sings to herself - when she's teething or is cooking a cold... most recently being last week! I just turn the monitor down, turnover and leave her too it!!! If I've managed to get to bed early the night before, its kinda nice to listen to her being so happy in her own company - it makes me wish I'd spent a bit more and got one of those video monitors so that I could see what it is she's doing!!! :)
Knonie - English Riviera, UK

DD Tallie 25/05/05
DS Lewis 20/11/10

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 21:05:28 pm »
Oh it must be something in the wind.. or the weather.. or the age...

William has been doing just the same recently and he sites there and chats and shouts and then drops off back to sleep lol...

I too ignore him unless he cries.. its just one of those things..

Helen xx

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 21:32:17 pm »
Yup. Ella still does this. We call it her early morning crib party!  ;D We leave her to it and she goes back to sleep.
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

andibig

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 22:29:22 pm »
well she doesn't do it at 5am anymore but at 7am when she wakes up for the day which is a far more civilised time ;D. i just wish i could be that cheerful first thing in the morning ::)