Author Topic: won't have milk at all  (Read 1071 times)

Offline PPolly

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 19, 2006, 20:40:52 pm »
My daughter won't drink milk at all (she's two) - not even on cereal. She doesn't like yoghurt, doesn't always eat cheese and hates cottage cheese, doesn't like milkshake or custard. I've been reduced to hiding fruit (which she loves) under yoghurt and letting her eat it with her fingers. Sometimes she will drink milk warm with honey and ginger in it from a mug - which is the only way I drink it too. She weaned herself off bottles of milk a few weeks ago. Any ideas? Are there some healthy ice-cream recipies that she could have every day? (she will generally eat ice-cream).

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Re: won't have milk at all
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 20:49:21 pm »
Hmmm, my little guy is not much of a milk drinker either.  (Never more than a few ounces a day  :-\).  Would she drink vanilla soy milk or rice milk?  Also, my kiddo loves fruit smoothies.  I blend ice cubes, yogurt, calcium-enriched orange juice, and fruit.  They are a hit, and lots of calcium.  :) 
Sheila
ng

Offline PPolly

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 20:53:58 pm »
I haven't tried soy milk, might be worth a go. I've tried smoothies- which worked for a few days. I don't like milk either - she obviously gets her taste buds from me....

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: won't have milk at all
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 20:59:12 pm »
Ryan is not a huge fan of milk either . We managed to keep him going untill he was 2.5yrs old on rice milk .He has to be really in the mood to have cereal and he will have cow's milk on it , if he had his own way it would be cereal without milk . He hates cheese too , again has to be in the mood for yoghurt . Ryan is just a very poor eater all round and we are waiting to discuss a multi vitamin with our pead.
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .