Author Topic: Could this be nightmares for 17 month old????  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Andys mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Could this be nightmares for 17 month old????
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:50:33 am »
Hi everyone,

Like most people on this site we have had the works with sleep...but now we have settled back into a great routine and touch wood Andy is back on track after molars etc.

He wakes around 6.30/7, naps 12.30/1pm for 2 hours and is asleep by 7.30...and sleeps through the night.  He eats really well too so I'm not complaining!!!!

Recently he has started screaming at night...I go up to him and give him a cuddle (he is standing up) and is is asleep almost instantly in my arms. Actually I'm not sure that he is even awake to start with. From the screaming you would think something is really wrong but he is not in pain and just needs comforting. I am in and out in about 5-10 minutes.  It has happened about 3 or 4 times normally before 10pm.

I'm not really sure what the 'symptoms' of nightmares are but I have a sneaky suspicion this could be it.  What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Andy's mum.

Offline Andys mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Could this be nightmares for 17 month old????
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:51:43 am »
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the reply.  The only real change is that his nana stayed with us for a while and she was pretty full on playing with him so maybe he was overtired.  Fingers crossed...we will see how things go.

Andy mum.