Author Topic: Any link between definate egg allergy and milk known?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline newmumto1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Any link between definate egg allergy and milk known?
« on: September 20, 2006, 12:04:10 pm »
I just received results for a RAST blood test that tested my son for allergies. It came back that he had a high IGE with a specific allergy to egg white. That was fine since he did have a reaction to egg What was more surprising is the fact that nothing showed up for milk and soy even though he gets very upset and does not sleep at night when given them not to mention ecezema flare ups. I have heard that proteins are not tested for with a RAST test. Does anyone know if there is any link between egg and milk with regard to the proteins that make them up. Is it possible that he could be allergic to proteins in egg whites which could also be present in milk and soy? I would appreciate any replies please. 
newmumto1

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Re: Any link between definate egg allergy and milk known?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 12:10:29 pm »
Just wanted to share that my dd has been tested too and she's allergic to egg and soy but not milk.

Offline newmumto1

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:20:41 pm »
Do you think your Lo had symptoms that she might have been allergic to milk?
newmumto1

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 13:27:45 pm »
Newmum - your  DD may have an intolerance/sensitivity to milk and soy but not an actual allergy. How old is he? Allergy testing can be unreliable under the age of 2.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01