Author Topic: Either constipated or running all day (and night..)  (Read 940 times)

Offline Tuty

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Either constipated or running all day (and night..)
« on: September 20, 2006, 16:53:10 pm »
Hi all,
We had a very rough night last night.. DD was up from 10 to 12 and than woke up at 5AM this morning and still wouldn't sleep since then (it's almost 10AM).. At 10 PM, she pooped, and then was hard to fall asleep, when she finally fell asleep she pooped again.. Then finally went to sleep again at 12 (this time only with the paci).
So here is how it all started..
We started with rice cereal (at around 5months) was ok. Added Peas 2 weeks ago, which caused a very hard stool and was waking up screaming at 5AM (for the day). Removed all solids for 3 days (she was constipated), after 3 days given her oatmeal and a little bit of water with applejuice afterwards (she was still constipated for 6 days, nothing helped, not apple juice, prune juice, prunes, eventually the second glicerin suppository did the job). Finally in the last couple of days things seem to get better. We added green beans yesterday and she hasn't stopped pooping since. Tomorrow we'll stick to the oatmeal (and apple-water?). Any suggestions on what we can try next (I'll call the Dr., but tips are always welcome..)? Should I go with carrots, yums, squash? I'm afraid fruits may also make her runny.
Is there a helpful link on how to start solids and what to start with etc..? It's seems like we're taking the wrong step each time.
Tuty

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Either constipated or running all day (and night..)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 14:19:44 pm »
Sounds like she has a sensitive tummy (as did/does my DD). What did the doctor say? To be honest, we didn't have much success with solids until well into DD's seventh month...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01