Author Topic: Eat routine & Activity/Sleep routine out of sync.  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Freya'sMum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
  • 3 gorgeous girls!
Eat routine & Activity/Sleep routine out of sync.
« on: September 20, 2006, 18:53:55 pm »
Hello!

Baby #2 is now 12 weeks and amongst other difficulties (which I will post elsewhere) her Eat routine and her Activity/Sleep routine do not fit together!

We have the Activity/Sleep routine going pretty well, about 90 mins awake then 45-60 mins asleep throughout the day, and 3 lots of 4-5 hours unbroken sleep overnight, but creating an EASY routine is impossible because she does not want to feed at regular intervals.

I do not have the option of spending time at her crib extending her naps because I have to consider the needs of #1 who also needs attending to, and besides, she does not seem to need longer than those 45-60 mins to be content for the next 90 mins of Activity.

Should I just run the 2 routines in parallel? Feed her when she's hungry and just keep the structure of the Activity/Sleep routine going? She's not using feeding as a prop to get off to sleep, and is sleeping well at night between feeds?

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Ax
Alison x

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: Eat routine & Activity/Sleep routine out of sync.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 19:45:32 pm »
I guess you could do a AEASY routine no problem, but just make sure she doesnīt get overtired by 90min of Atime (personally i think its too much for such a little one, but if you say she is happy, tracy does says that some babies only need 45min naps because thatīs all their biorythm demands) and also that she doesnīt eat to sleep.

Offline Freya'sMum

• Showing Appreciation 71
  • 3 gorgeous girls!
Re: Eat routine & Activity/Sleep routine out of sync.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 20:25:31 pm »
I've gotten pretty good at recognising her sleepy cues after a period of Activity, she yawns then fusses after about 75-90 mins, and then settles to sleep without much effort in her crib. I guess with 12-15 hours of sleep (in 3 bursts) overnight she can cope with shorter naps in the day.

I suppose what I am doing is an AEAS routine of sorts - perhaps it'll fall into place at some point!

Thanx for your reply!

Ax
Alison x