Author Topic: Moving from baby tub to big tub  (Read 1694 times)

Offline owensmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 21, 2006, 19:11:36 pm »
Hi there,

Just wondering when everyone made the switch from the baby bathtub to the big tub?  My LO is just a smidge over three months and he barely fits in his baby tub - most of his body is ot of the water and he gets cold quick.  I was thinking of moving to the big tub - maybe putting on my swimsuit and going in with him so that I can hold and wash him.  Any suggestions?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Moving from baby tub to big tub
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 19:14:20 pm »
I moved my lo into the bath at about two months as she was growing so fast. I managed to buy a plastic cradle that she would lie so she was able to stay in the water without sliding all over the place
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 19:18:02 pm »
We rarely used the baby bath for our boys, too much hassle :)  We usually bathed with them, when they were really small we'd keep a baby vest (onesie) on them so they wouldn't be too slippery......Those days go so quick *sigh*  :) :)
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:57:55 am »
We had what's called a "safer bather" which is basically just a big cushion that you put in the tub which absorbs water -- that way your LO stays warm from the water and doesn't slip around and you can bathe them pretty easily.  I always liked it much, much better than the big tub.  We used it in the sink when she was really small and then just moved it into the tub later on when she outgrew the sink.

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 18:56:16 pm »
Totally agree! Baby bath didnt work for us either, altho we had a 'tummy tub' http://www.domovital.com/which DS loved and they r totally (well not thwe head obviously) emerged in the water, supposed to make them feel like they r in the womb! Also this support thing http://www.okbaby.it/e_frames.htm is good as plop it in the big bathtub and then u dont have to get it with him! Altho i think bathing with the babe is brill!

Offline maxysmum

• Steph mummy to Max and Loen
  • Showing Appreciation 145
  • my babies
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 18:57:00 pm »
We moved from baby bath to big bath at around 2/3 months bc Ds was to big for the baby bath, We have both bathed with DS and didn't bother with a swin suit,its great fun. When he went through a stage of poohing in the bath we put him in his swim suit but it was much easier than trying to dodge the floaters LOL

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 19:06:09 pm »
Quote (selected)
Around 10 weeks we just started to use bath time as activty time and havent looked back!

Totally agree with Stacy.  No need to wear a swimsuit and it great to use as Activity Time.  Sometimes in the summer when it is sooooo hot out that we are stuck inside....we will take 2-3 baths/showers with our lo.  Our water bill is kind of high though.....  :-\ :-\  Oh well.....definitely worth every penny because he loves it so much!

HTH!   :)
Judy

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 18:33:41 pm »
My LO was born 6.6 and was on the small side. There was like a net kind of like a hammock on top for the newborns. She was in that up until just a week or ago or so. She is using the same tub, but she is now in the tub. She gets excited because I say your taking a big girl bath!!!!!!

She was on the other side "on top of the net that is'nt there now" up until recently. There is two sides - one for small infants and the other for infants/toddlers. Works for me for now. I think she is about 15 lbs now.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline jhwest

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Rocky Mountains, USA
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 01:45:46 am »
I just give my 3 mo to dh when he's in the shower.  if it's during the day and dh isn't around, I'll just prop him up in our little bathroom sink and do a quick bath.
--Jennie
    Mom of:
India 9/95 (textbook)
York 1/97 (angel)
Finn 3/99 (grumpy)
Arabella 5/01 (textbook)
Adelaide 4/05 (textbook/angel)
Jasper 6/06 (touchy)

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 07:52:32 am »
jhwest...I just noticed u have 6 kids :o am I right????

Offline Lucas & Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Houston, we have a problem!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 13:21:02 pm »
We take turns to go in bath with Lucas.  He loves slashing us and even manages to get the one who's not bathing him wet when he really tries.  Am considering getting a bath seat for him as he is now able to sit up by himself but we love our bathtimes and look forward to them everyday  :)
Emma T x

Offline MrsKirky

• Showing Appreciation 27
  • Aidan dressed as a Sheriff for Halloween
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 02:54:42 am »
We switched from sling on tub to just the tub at 2 months, then to the big tub at 4 months.  We needed to move sooner, but DS could not sit up very well because his muscles hadn't caught up with his growth yet.  He had a hard time sitting up for too long.  My sister bought me one of those tub rings with the kneeler attached...the kneeler was not comfortable for me (I am really tall).  I ended up sitting on the edge of the tub and bathing him that way.  He really likes to pull on my legs and me to play with him while he's bathing.
(Krista) Aidan-2/9/2005. Touchy.Gravida 5 Para 1 and proud of the LO for hanging on tight!

Offline Lucas & Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Houston, we have a problem!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 08:47:39 am »
Just a thought and word of warning that my mum passed onto me.  Don't know whether you have DH to help with bathtime but watch out for when LO finds his penis!!! - apparently they can pull at it quite hard.  hard warned My hubby already. ;D
Emma T x

Offline bensmomma

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 22:46:33 pm »
We switched at 2 months.  We use a wire sling like thing with a mess covering.  He basically lays on it and it keeps him at an angle.  Baby tub was too heavy for me to fill and put on the counter.  On another note...how long did you bathe with your LO.  I used to on occaison bathe with DS1 especially when I was pregnant with DS2 ( much easier than leaning over and I get to soak as well)  but then he used to point out some differences in anatomy.  Didn't want him to end up in therapy later in life :-[
Michelle-
Mom to Benjamin 26/02/04 and Joshua 13/07/06