Author Topic: HELP! 20 minute monster!  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: HELP! 20 minute monster!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 20:19:39 pm »
Sleep begets sleep, sleep important for growth!  Whatever works for you and your baby is what is right.

:-* 
Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Lucas & Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Houston, we have a problem!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 09:09:37 am »
I'm trying not to let it get to me too much now.... I'm a little less frustrated with it now because as you said, if the nap isn't quite long enough and I can't extend, I don't kill myself with constantly trying to extend, I pop her in the swing and off she goes.....
Fantastic attitude & half the battle - i used to get really stressed if naps didn't go to plan, now i just recalculate a times and off we go again - also used to worry if pm catnap was too early as the book said no longer than 45 mins!!! - sometime have to extend to 1 hr or more on 3rd nap if i can and have had no props with not settling at night as yet - just make sure to wake at least 1 hrs before bath & bed and we're doing just fine.  Keep at it girl, it will come together soon :)
Emma T x

Offline chrissy5050

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 11:01:09 am »
I second the reflux question.  It is the first thing I thought of when reading your first post.  She may have silent reflux which comes up on her when sleeping flat.  Did you try a wedge or proping up one side of the crib.  If she sleeps well sitting up I would try it.. Also if that doesn't work but she sleeps well in her carseat try putting her whole carseat in the crib so she becomes more comfortable in there then you can slowly transition her out of seat and in to crib without it...   Good luck