Author Topic: NW at 10 months old  (Read 983 times)

Offline SylvieA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
NW at 10 months old
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:31:07 am »
Hello,
My 10 mo has been waking quit a bit at night. I don't know how to break the cycle. He was very good sleeper early on sleeping 12hr nights by 2.5-3 mo. And since 5 mo he's been on and off with sleeping. I haven't fed him at night since 3mo unless there was a GS. He has been teething, his 2 bottom teeth has come out a few weeks ago, and I thought he would go right back to sleeping good. He is also at the end of a cold that didn't really bother him much, not that I have noticed. I have tried increasing his food intake and tried limiting his naps, and none of the two worked.
He wakes about 5-10 times/night. Including his 2 habituals of 11pm and 4am. I figure the 11pm one is because of us, as this is when we go to bed. I think it wakes him up. He's a very light sleeper.

Here is his routine

0730  wake, 8oz bottle
0830  cereal & fruit
1030  nap
1230  wake, lunch (100g yogourt, veggie with rice or other grains)
 300   nap
 400   wake 9oz bottle
 500   super (veggie with grains, still working on proteins)
 730   bath, 8oz bottle
 800   bed

his quantity of solides are 2-3 oz/meal, he does get snacks in between, like cheese, gerber puffs or freeze dried fruits, arrow root biscuit, cracker.

I forgot to mention, when he wakes he really seem unsettled, He'll sometime cry, but wwill stop as soon as I pick him up.

I may of forgotten something, but I'm sure you'll let me know TIA

Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: NW at 10 months old
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 16:23:32 pm »
My DS is also a light sleeper - not fun is it?  :( 

I suspect that he's teething (still or again) and perhaps has some developmental things as well. Is he crawling yet? Trying to walk?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline SylvieA

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 13:05:19 pm »
Thank you Jessica for the reply. Sorry it took so long to reply. As fare as teething, it could still be it. and as for milestones, I'm not too sure. DS still doesn't crawl or get to sitting position without my help. Although, he's been wanting to stand quit a bit lately, with my help ofcourse. His night have gotten a bit better. I noticed that if I put him to bed later than usual, he sleeps better at night.
And I thought I was the only one with a light sleeper. Funny because up till 4-5mo he would sleep through anything.
Miguel-November 2005
Zoe-August 2008

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 16:28:26 pm »
My DS has never been a heavy sleeper at all  :(  It is what it is, but I get jealous when we're out somewhere and a LO is fast asleep in the middle of a restaurant or something like that.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o