Author Topic: Making a Donation  (Read 2813 times)

Offline daniellechiasson

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 101
  • My two greatest loves.
Making a Donation
« on: September 22, 2006, 18:04:48 pm »
As I have grown to LOVE this site I have been thinking about donating but of course have a few questions. I have no knowledge of what it takes to run a site like this and wonder how the funds are used. Is it like a charitable donation? Or more a donation to a business? Non-profit organization? Are their payment options besides PayPal?

I appreciate your explanations and want to say thanks for this great site.

Danielle

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 218
Re: Making a Donation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 20:16:03 pm »
Thank you for your question and interest in donating.

Below is the contents of a post that is periodically placed in the lounge.

Some Facts

• This website is currently serving 2 million pages per month

• Our current bandwidth usage is in excess of 95GB a month

• The annual server cost is at least £2500* (US$4700) per year

• We are quickly approaching a membership of 20,000

Our webmaster, Andy Gee, is not paid for any of his technical expertise, he provides it as a voluntary service in order to keep the site running.  In order to accommodate the immense growth we've had on the website, Andy purchased a server which we use exclusively, and updated the message board software. All costs associated with this forum are his own, including the purchase of the new server that we have been running on since using the software change back in February.

The server that Andy purchased for us cost almost £3500 (US$6570).

How can you help?

A donation button has been added to the site.  If you feel that you would like to show your appreciation this way, then please feel free to make a donation using Paypal via the button at the top of the screen.  For your information, the name that appears on the Paypal account is Andy's girlfriend Kelly, so it is safe and above board.

In the near future there will be http://www.babywhisperer.com merchandise available, it is currently being worked on.

Thank you

The Administration Team

*To convert these figures into your native currency please use this link  http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Andy uses any monies to offset those costs listed above and to ensure that the website is maintained.  Any work he provides here means he is unable to work on those projects that provide him with a salary.
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005