Author Topic: 4 month night wakings  (Read 2922 times)

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 10:57:02 am »
Ok, thanks.  I guess I feel a little confused about what is a good amount of flexibility, but it's ok.  If he is doing well, I won't worry about it.  If he starts to do really poorly I'll see if I can figure it out. 

I am so happy b/c as I wrote in the other post, he went to sleep on his own last night and this morning woke at 5.  I fed him and put him back down.  He rolled around and talked for a while, and now he is back asleep!  Just a second ago.  It's been almost an hour, but I'm soooooo excited that he is doing this on his own!!!  WOW!   ;D  I didn't give him the herbal stuff this morning, so I know he's not drugged!!   ;)  This is great.  All that work paying off...  YAY! 

Have a good day,
Brooke

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 11:53:23 am »
Jessica and Kimberly,
Oh my goodness, I am so relieved/happy and want to share with you.  Collin has learned to fall asleep on his own.  He did it at bedtime the past two nights, and now he has done it when he wakes at night.  We used to always have to go in to help him or he'd eventually cry.  But last night he woke at 12, 4, and 6, talked to himself, and went back to sleep.  All the BWing has paid off.  I wanted to thank you both b/c you have helped me many times.  I may have troubles down the road, but this is a huge milestone.  He is still sleeping, and it's almost 7.  He used to wake every day at 5:30.  I do think that I hindered him doing this earlier by using the sleep positioner.  I know it sounds crazy, but when I took it out of his crib, that is when he started sleeping on his own.  It was like he thought he needed to be on it to sleep, and once he had wiggled off, he couldn't get back on.  Now he can sleep however he likes, and I find him on his back, stomach, and side.  I did read the post about pay it forward, and I will try to help if I can.  Thanks for all your time.
Brooke

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 4 month night wakings
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 18:04:30 pm »
Great to hear Brooke!  ;D  I knew that it would work out for you. Oftentimes it's a matter of sticking with it and basically just waiting until it clicks for them.

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o