Author Topic: 3.25 / 3.5 hour EASY for 8 wk old  (Read 893 times)

shimzy

3.25 / 3.5 hour EASY for 8 wk old
« on: September 25, 2006, 18:50:41 pm »
Ive been keeping a log of how my daughter eats and she seems to eat better, more efficiently and more ounces if I hold off until the 3.25 or 3.5 hour mark. The problem with that is.. she can only stay awake for 1 to maximum 1.25 hours for activity time... which means her naps would be 2.5 hours long it would look something like this.. (she takes about averaging 4oz's if I hold off to the 3.5 hour markish which means she would be getting 20oz of formula, plus dream feed (usually takes between 3-5oz at dream feed). She is about 11lbs so she would be getting enough formula.  Should I go ahead and put her on a longer EASY program? becuase on the 3 hour EASY she fights me when eating and will take 1 or 2 oz at the 3 hour mark and when I try again half hour later she takes the entire rest of the bottle  ??? 

E 6AM  4oz
A
S 7:30AM

E 9:30AM  4oz
A
S 11AM

E 1PM 4oz
A
S 2:30 PM

E 4:30 PM  4oz
A
S 6PM

E 8PM  4oz
A BATH, JAMMIES, BED
S 9:00 PM

DREAM FEED AT 10:30PM (about 4oz)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 18:54:19 pm by shimzy »

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: 3.25 / 3.5 hour EASY for 8 wk old
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 19:54:03 pm »
Lisa,

The best I can suggest is to try the 3.25 / 3.5 Hour EASY and see how you get on.  If your lo does not settle you know you can always go back to the 3 Hour.

Good luck - keep us posted on how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

shimzy

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:06:51 am »
Well looking back over the day it varied between a 2.5 hour EASY to a 3.5 hour EASY. SHe took the most ounces ever today (23.5oz).. I let her eat when her hungry cue came instead of pushing the 3 hour EASY.. this is what our day looked like...

E 6:00am
A
S 7:00am

E 9:00 am
A
S 10:00am

E 12:30pm
A
S 2:00pm

E 3:30 pm
A
S 4:30 pm

E 6:30 pm
A
S 7:30pm

E 9:00pm
A bath bed jammies
S 10pm

No Dream Feed tonight. I'll see how things go tonight and let you know.

shimzy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 14:11:22 pm »
Well the night was an absolute nightmare!  :'(

We had her bathed, jammied and in bed for 9:45pm. She fell asleep fine. She woke up at 2:30 screaming!  ??? So I tried feeding her, she only ate 1 oz.. she went back to bed until 5am. Where she woke up screaming again  ??? So I tried to feed her, she only ate 1 oz. I tried to lay her back in her bed but she screamed and screamed and screamed (completely unlike her!) So I layed her between my husband and I in bed and she fell asleep in seconds... She slept until 6:30 where she again ate 1 oz.. went back to sleep. Woke at 7:00 and ate 3 oz. I laid her back down for a nap at 7:45am and she is out again sleeping. Im going to try slowly waking her at 9:15am to see if she wants to eat again just to salvage our 3 hour routine. If today goes ok and the night..... (  ::) ) we'll try my other plan.

Im not sure why she went from sleeping through to waking up screaming. When I laid her down to sleep between us I heard a gurgle in her stomach, something that sounded like a burp running up her chest and she let out some air, she cried for a bit (why would it hurt like that?) and then went to sleep (as above stated).

Any suggestions? What does reflux feel like for them? Is there something I can do about it? By the way, I do give her the windy drops before she goes to bed to help with burps and such. Does she have baby heartburn?

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 18:53:18 pm »
Lisa,

Hugs, I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad night.

By the sounds of it, it sounded like your lo had trapped wind.  To answer your question, yes it can hurt them, it can really cause their tummies to hurt and give them a bad tummy ache.  I found if DS had a tummy ache it helped him to lay him on my chest to keep his tummy warm, and just kept on rubbing his back to try and get the wind up.

Sometimes they will get it out of the system with a gripy bowl movement, but sometimes they battle to get it out. 

Have you had a look at our Colic / Reflux boards?  You should get a bit more information from there.

Let me know how the rest of yoru day / night goes.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007