Author Topic: Question about schedule  (Read 825 times)

Offline Noranc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 26, 2006, 00:58:05 am »
Hi, I'm new here and have a 10-week-old son, Mason. We've been trying EASY and it works some days but others not so much. My question is, how much time should he spend napping during the day? He's about 11 1/2 pounds and was 3 weeks early. He naps really well when we leave the house but not as well when we stay home. He usually goes about 2.5-3 hours between feedings but alot of that is awake time. What should my goal schedule be? Thanks for any help.

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: Question about schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 15:54:45 pm »
My son took 3  1hr 30 min naps and a 45 min catnap at that age.  Of course, somedays it was a little more and some days a little less, but that was our average.  There is a post at the top of this message board that has sample EASY routines for 0-3 months and other ages.  Check it out!  Hope that helps!
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008

Offline Noranc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:03:42 am »
Thanks for the reply. Some days he only takes 20-30 min. naps, but on days we go somewhere he can sleep for hours in the car or the stroller, so I don't know what's "normal" for him.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Question about schedule
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:25:30 am »
at 10 weeks I believe my LO was taking 3 naps of 1.5 hours.. well on a good day ::) that was our goal. She moved to 2 naps of 1.5 and one 45 minute nap at about 5-6 months I believe, but she never slept as much as others her age. ::) To much to see and do I tell ya.
You'll know he's getting enough if he is well rested and contented. Its ok if the routine doesn't go perfict everyday, just go with the flow. Thats the beauty of a routine vs a schedual, its easier to improvise.
Kimberly