Author Topic: Nap longer then 2 hours??  (Read 857 times)

Offline Tessy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Germany&England
    • Little T's site
Nap longer then 2 hours??
« on: September 26, 2006, 13:13:45 pm »
Hi all,

I just weaning my LO off the paci and we are having hard days. Today for his 2nd nap he was screaming 45 minutes and was totally exhausted and sweaty. He finally felt asleep and now I am wondering if I should let him sleep longer then 2 hours. I know Ive read in Tracys Book I shouldnt but is it an other situatiion because of the weaning???

He was awake since 5.00 am and didnt fall back to sleep, so I started the routine at 6.00 this morning. His 1st nap was unfortunately just 45 minutes and so he is really bad overtired.

What should I do now? Let him sleep or not?

Thanks for quick reply

XXX
Tessy
Petra & Jamie Conner

Sorry for my english ... still learning !

[img width= height= alt=Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80]http://b1.lilypie.com/sKFup2.png[/img]

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: Nap longer then 2 hours??
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 13:49:37 pm »
I think the quick answer would be to let him sleep as much as he needs, but definitely not any longer than his normal feed time. Don't let him skip a meal, but do let him sleep up to that point to catch up on what he has missed.

Can you give us some more details and we'll see if we can help?

hth :)
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline LJCsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Nap longer then 2 hours??
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 00:55:00 am »
Would you also let lo sleep more than 2 hours if they do not need to catch up?
Recently started swaddling again and have to go in and wake DS up at every nap and he gets very cranky. He gets 10-12 hours each night as well as 2 2hr naps and cat nap in evening. As a result he's cranky during playtime.
Aja