Author Topic: Would holiday be a disaster?  (Read 845 times)

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:21:24 am »
I started my ds (almost 7m now) on a routine 10 days ago using pupd.  Nights had been going really well till last night.  Naps have been more of a struggle - trying to extend them, quite a bit of crying and pupd etc.  We have the chance to go on our first holiday as a family but it would be this weekend for 2 weeks (or not till next year).  DH has been working a lot and this could be an opportunity for us to relax together (its difficult at home because its small and noisy).  But would it be a crazy/unfair thing to do as ds is just getting used to independent sleep in his familiar environment?  If I kept up my efforts of maintaining his routine once we were there, is there a chance it could be ok.  I know the travel days would mess things up and the time difference is 2 hours.  I am happy not to go on holiday for the sake of my ds and establishing indep sleep but we are 2 tired parents and maybe a rest somewhere warm would help us all.  Or maybe it is a really stupid idea given the short time we have been going with this so far. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Would holiday be a disaster?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 20:05:47 pm »
A holiday may be just what you need to help you relax and be in a different environment.

I do not think that a holiday would mess up your DS's routine, as long as you start as you mean to go on.  The first few days will be difficult, what with the time difference and the getting settled in a new routine etc, but as long as you carry on doing what you are doing now with your DS, I cannot see it being a problem.

Keep your feeding schedule, wind down routine, naps etc exactly the same and he should be fine.

Good luck.  Have a great time.

Let us know how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline yorkshire

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 20:54:25 pm »
Thanks!  Lovely advice and much relieved as have just booked.  My suitcase will be full of familiar props for ds with just one dress for me.  Mmm it will smell so lovely full of baby sick by the end of the holiday!!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Would holiday be a disaster?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 20:56:00 pm »
LOL

Have a fantastic time, and let us know how you get on when you get back.

Take care

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007