Author Topic: I am so glad I found you  (Read 799 times)

Offline Stine333

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 27, 2006, 23:38:54 pm »
I almost cried when I found this site and message board.  My lo is 8 weeks old and is really a good baby.  We have some short nap issue, but other than that he is a joy. I was so lost for weeks, wondering what to do and how to do it.  The birthing and baby care classes teach you about bathing and feeding but stop short of activity and sleep time.  I had no idea what I was doing and a routine/schedule would have been so helpful in the beginning.  I will give Tracey's book to everyone I know who is expecting thier first baby.  What a relief and hello to everyone.  I hope to learn and help in this journey.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Duckie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 23:59:29 pm »
I almost cried when I found this site and message board.

Give it a few days and you will weep with extreme sadness anytime the server crashes.  Trust me! ;)

My lo is 8 weeks old and is really a good baby.  We have some short nap issue, but other than that he is a joy

CONGRATS!!!

I was so lost for weeks, wondering what to do and how to do it.  The birthing and baby care classes teach you about bathing and feeding but stop short of activity and sleep time.

AMEN sister!  I've often said that the baby is coming out no matter what, it's AFTER that you need classes about!

I had no idea what I was doing and a routine/schedule would have been so helpful in the beginning.  I will give Tracey's book to everyone I know who is expecting thier first baby.  What a relief and hello to everyone.  I hope to learn and help in this journey.

It's the #1 gift that I've given to my expectant friends too!  Welcome to the addiction!  :D :D
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline Mrs. A

• formerly SamirsMom
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: I am so glad I found you
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:00:02 am »
Just wanted to jump in and say that I feel exactly the same way!   ;D  We just sort of muddled our way through the first 2 months not really having a good idea at all about how to understand our DS.  I found Tracy's book because I was trying to figure out how to get him to sleep independently (he was getting way to heavy to carry all the time!) and I just knew in my gut that CIO wasn't the right thing to do.  It really was a Godsend!!!  Now I can actually tell what he needs when he's crying most of the time and he's a much better eater and sleeper as well.  We're still working on the getting to sleep part, but we'll get there eventually.   ;) 

I agree.  EVERY new mom should have this book!! 
Lisa
Proud mom to:
Samir 11 July 2006
Xenia 07 March 2008
Marina 20 January 2010
and one more on the way!

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Re: I am so glad I found you
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:07:54 am »
I know what you mean to ;D I felt the same when I first joined.. now I'm a BW addict :P
Kimberly