Author Topic: Early Pooper.... 5am! HELP  (Read 1116 times)

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Early Pooper.... 5am! HELP
« on: September 28, 2006, 11:12:35 am »
My LO is 5mo.3weeks and she is on 4hr EASY. She usually goes to bed before 6:30. She used to get up around 6ish, feed and poop. Recently, she wakes up around 5ish to poop :o
HELP!

Offline joni

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 14:44:09 pm »
Litomi, your post made me laugh.  ;D
I don't have any advice for you coz my LO is also an early pooper. His poop time has gotten earlier and earlier although luckily for me his poop "migration" seems to have settled at within a few minutes of his 7 am wake time.  :)
Just wanted to say that I know what you mean about early pooping.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Early Pooper.... 5am! HELP
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 16:30:28 pm »
I got a laugh too  ;)  Unfortunately LOs go through phases with stuff like that just like everything else. Don't worry, it will pass. (no pun intended)
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:05:24 am »
My LO at one time was an early pooper (can't remember what his age was) but after awhile it did stop.  So don't worry too, the early pooping will eventually stop.

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 11:20:16 am »
Thank you for your reply. I guess it's only a "phase" then.  ::)
I hope this early pooping situation will stop soon. It's difficult, because around 5ish, my LO has already slept for 10-11 hrs already. It's difficult to put her back to bed. When she's up, she's up :(
Also, she had UTI before, and the doctor told us to always wash her bum after she poops.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 12:33:29 pm by litomi »

Offline Diegos Mama

• Showing Appreciation 176
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 11:23:46 am »
I was thinking that since baby's in bed by 6:30 pm, 5:00 am wake up is pretty normal.  How about a later bedtime, see if she then sleeps later in the am, thus postponing the bm until later?

It's always something.  My two monkeys are waking up because the heater's cycling on in the early morning now that the weather's changed.  Well, jeez, can't turn off the heat boys!  Just gotta adjust to it.  Maybe your baby needs an adjustment too... I'd do a later bedtime, personally if it's feasible for your family and her routine.
Laura

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:32:46 am »
Ok, I know this is going to sound weird, but my pediatrician told me to give my LO prune juice b/c of his constipation.  I do it every day - for a long time now...  Mine started pooping at 4 and 5 am too, and I changed the time I give the PJ.  Maybe you could give yours just an ounce of PJ one or two times (not every day, just on this one occasion) - like in the middle of the day, and maybe she'd go before bed.  ?  Don't know if it would work, but I might give it a shot.