Author Topic: Waking at night: Is this hunger or habit?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline clarapist

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Waking at night: Is this hunger or habit?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 22:33:14 pm »
Thx. I feel better. :)  SO, instead of feeding at 3 hours, should I wait for his hunger cues??  (He eats his hands)  I'll then see if there's a pattern emerging.
I'm just SO desperate for him to sleep thru the night. I'm in trial and error (and error and error) and I just don't see any results.  Many of my friends had 10 hours at 10 weeks, etc. My babywise friends tell me to just leave him in the crib after a 45 minute nap until the next feeding time and "he'll eventually get it".  THEY don't get it!! 
What exactly did you mean by : "but if going 2.5 in the second still means he gets 2 naps then dont do that."
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 22:39:03 pm »
It's definitely a good idea to wait for his cues for a couple of days and see what's happening with the pattern. They change so fast! Just as soon as we get used to things, something changes.   ::)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you have a ways to go before sleeping through the night - assuming that you mean all night long. Your LO is still very young and will at least need a night feed for quite some time. Plus, when developmental things and teething kick in, you'll most likely have wakings again. I'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but I just want you to understand and not set yourself up for disappointment. You're doing great, so hang in there and just keep at it. EASY is a lot of work and not always EASY - but it truly does pay off.  ;D  :-*
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline clarapist

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 23:41:15 pm »
OMG if it's not one thing, it's another. I fed him his last bottle of the night and he vomited it all back up. I waited 10 minutes and tried another oz, and he puked that up too. Called my pedi (luckily she's a friend) and she said to do pedialyte till tomorrow. If he can't keep anything down, need to go to an ER. It could be a bug, or pyloric stenosis.  (I'm out of town visiting my parents!)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 23:49:42 pm »
*GASP* how awful!! Oh my goodness!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline clarapist

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 22:40:40 pm »
Well, luckily, it was a one time thing!!!  Whew. He went to sleep at 7:30, he woke at 1:00 and I tried an oz of Pedialyte, which was fine, and then 2 oz of formula and he was fine, and went right back to sleep. Woke again at 4, and took 1.5 oz of formula and right back to sleep. Woke a little at 5:30 and then 6:00, but patted back to sleep.  I got a treat and got to start the day at 7:30.
Today, however, has been a different story. I think there were 2 60 minute naps (not sure if 45 or not) and then a 3rd 45er, and he went to sleep again for last nap at 5:30. I will wake him at 7:00 and do bath, then bottle, then bed, I think.

It's SO weird how every day he gets different amounts of sleep. (Yesterday was a total of 5.5 hrs during they day, and today is a measly 4.25.)  Tonight will be bad, I'm sure. :(
We do go home tomorrow night from my parents, and MAYBE he'll get back into a better routine.
Oh, I let him ask for food today and it was every 3 hours on the dot!  (Maybe making up for puking up some last night?)