Author Topic: question about our EASY routine  (Read 819 times)

Offline jomige

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
question about our EASY routine
« on: September 28, 2006, 18:36:36 pm »
I have an 11 week DD.  We have been BW for 4 weeks.  The first week was hell and then we fell into a nice pattern (we basically had the EASY that is in the BWSAYP book)...lately things have been changing (naps in am getting much longer, hard to wake up at 2 hour mark, shortened pm nap) and I wanted input on if this could be a growth spurt or maybe a need to change to a 3.5 hour EASY or maybe it is normal...

She goes to sleep on her own (with pacifier).  She may need her pacifier replaced once or twice if she hasn't gotten fully asleep but once asleep doesn't need it and spits it out. She is easy to settle (naps less than 5 minutes, bedtime usually 10-15 minutes, but can be longer depending on how catnap went).

She is exclusively BF.  She occasionally gets EBM when DH gets home in time on weekdays, always gets one bottle per day (3-4 ounces) on the weekends.  Also, I want to "iron out" her schedule (as much as possible)...I go back to work in 3 weeksand I can come home for lunch to feed her...so I would like to get her routine as close to making that work as possible. 

E 6:30
A 7:00
S 7:30  --she usually sleeps about 1.5-2 hours here...if I try to wake her up at the 1.5 hour point she will just sleep through the feed regardless of stimulation

E 9:30
A 10:00
S 10:30 or 10:45--(was slightly hard to get to sleep today...I think I got her a bit overstimulated..ooops)

E 1:00 --wants to sleep more than 2 hours if I would let her (I don't) and she tries to sleep through this feed
A 1:30
S 2-2:15
A 3-3:15--this nap (about 60 minutes) is slowly disappearing!  I can't get her to resettle...have tried everything but she is up and happy.

E 3:30 or 4 (depending if she wants to eat early)
A 4 or 4:30 
S 4:30 or 5  we take a walk in the stroller (we have struggled with the catnap since the beginning...this or the car is the only way to get her to sleep and it is usually only 20-30 minutes)

E 5:45 (she usually want to eat for 40-45 minutes this feed)
A 6:30  bath, stories
S 6: 45 bed

E 10 or 10:30 dream feed

E 1:30 through 3:30--it used to be 4 am on the dot, but now for the past few days has been anywhere between 1:30 am and 3:30 am...different each night...she doesn't wake again before 6 or 6:30 even if her feed is earlier

Does this seem okay?   Do you think this could be a her growth spurt?  Could she want to move to a 3.5 hour EASY?

She is easy to settle (naps less than 5 minutes, bedtime usually 10-15 minutes, but can be longer depending on how catnap went). 

Thanks for looking at this and any advice!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: question about our EASY routine
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 19:25:19 pm »
You can try changing her to the 3.5 hour EASY for a few days and see how she gets on.  If you find that after a few days your DD is not coping, you can always go back to the 3 Hour EASY.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007