Author Topic: 8 weeks- waking 4times per night!  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 8 weeks- waking 4times per night!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 09:15:40 am »
Barbara- I can really sympathise- I have a very similar night last night! LO woke 4 times, 2 of them I tried getting him back to sleep without feeding- lasted about an hour each time for him to settle! I feel like a realy zombie today! Jx :(

Offline barbarab

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: 8 weeks- waking 4times per night!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:12:45 am »
Yes, we had a pretty bad night again last night too.  LO went to bed around 7pm but didn't settle until 7.30pm - woke up at 12.45am and then I fell asleep with her in my arms till 4am and then she wouldn't go back down so my dh had to take her and then brought her back 45 mins later when she was still crying!  Put her back in her cot after a feed on the breast and she slept till 7.10am!  But now she won't sleep at all today, only been asleep twice today for 10 mins as our schedule is out of the window as we are doing a talk about babies for school this morning and this afternoon so no chance to do the EASY routine - she is going to be a nightmare all day as she is SOOOO overtired.  Sorry you are having a similar problem - god, i don't know how we survive - i think pregnancy prepares us for lack of sleep doesn't it - 5 nights ago Molly slept from 7pm until 3am and then straight down till 7am - I thought I had the EASY routine cracked but she fooled me and hasn't done it since - that said, I think the only reason that worked was because she had only slept for 1/2 hour all day!!  Hope your day goes better and today and night.  Let me know how you get on.... B x

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 13:06:57 pm »
Just wanted to give some hugs to both of you.  Just keep up with the BW stuff.  Sooo many times I wanted to give up b/c I didn't think it was working, but then we'd have a breakthrough. 

Barbara,
I had a little thought...  you probably already know and have thought of.  I wondered if you could feed at night in a chair in her room or something.  Then she doesn't get used to being in your bed, and you won't have to wean her from that.  I completely understand that sometimes it's just a matter of survival... trust me...  I have rocked, brought him to my bed, co slept for naps, etc...  all in the name of ME getting some sleep too - and just wanting that kid to sleep, no matter what it took.   Looking back I think I made things take longer (learning independent sleep, etc...).  Don't know if I could have changed things, though, b/c it was so hard at the time. 

Hope you both have better days and nights. 

Brooke