Author Topic: why a catnap?  (Read 782 times)

Offline kmonster

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 29, 2006, 21:39:57 pm »
my 4 mo old son & i are new to EASY - just started yesterday.  why the catnap?  why not just go to bed 1/2 hour earlier?  and he's been waking at 6am for over a month.  if i end up going from 7pm to 6am with one DF, isn't that good enough?  or should i push him to 7am?
also, he's never taken a pacifier.  any ideas on how to get through the wee hours without feeding  him?  or will i just be doing PU/PD until he passes out?

Offline kmonster

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 14:44:31 pm »
i do offer a feed - the 1st nite it was @ 3:45, the 2nd @ 2:45, and last nite again @ 3:45.  i was starting to think it was habitual, but he really does eat. 
now my concern is that i'm holding him too long before i put him back down.  after dozens of PU, he'll take a while to calm down, by which time he's asleep in my arms, which is counterproductive - arg!  hopefully it'll get better, as we're only on day 4 of switching from 3 hr easy to 4 hour easy.  he was never on a routine before, but he was eating every 3 hours. i didn't want to try to do the 4 hour easy right away - thought it would be easier on him to use the examply in the book.