Author Topic: Between 4 and 6 every morning :(  (Read 822 times)

Offline charlibabes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 30, 2006, 11:53:19 am »
My 11.5mo baby is not sick, she knows how to sleep well and usually goes to sleep by herself. But for the past couple of months she wakes at between 4 and 5 every day and grizzles.  I used to feed her but she started waking earlier and earlie so I stopped that and tried not to feed her before 6pm if she woke.

I give her a few minutes to settle herself (which she used to do) then go in, give her a cuddle, then put her back down - bingo, thumb in mouth and silence.... for 15 mins, I just drift off and she wakes again....I go back in put her back down and leave, she goes off again for 5 minutes or so.. then starts again... this goes on for up to 2 hours, by which time it is time for milk and she has that.. then sleeps for 2 hours!

General routine

Wake between 7-8 breast both sides and cereal
Lunch at 11.30
Nap 12-2.30
Breast both sides when she wakes
tea at 5
Bath 6.15
Breast both sides 6.30
Sleep 7-7.15

She dropped her morning nap when I found she would not sleep at lunchtime if she had it and then stayed awake all day. She thumb sucks and does not have a prop or lovie.  She usually goes down for naps really easily the longest it takes for naps or bed is 10 minutes.

She is just starting to walk but to be honest this pattern started before that. 

Any ideas? Could she really be hungry? perhaps it's indigestion, sometimes I think I can hear her tummy.. but hard to know if it's hers or mine!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 12:07:08 pm by charlibabes »

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Between 4 and 6 every morning :(
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 18:12:52 pm »
She very well may be having a growth spurt. I would feed her (assuming that she's taking a full feed) and see how it goes. If it doesn't end after a couple of days then let us know!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: Between 4 and 6 every morning :(
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 20:27:24 pm »

hmmmmmmmmmmmm i am having the same problem here and ds sleeps great as a rule naps well etc i cant seem to figure out why he wakes, i was getting up with him when he woke at 6 am for a few weeks but now it is getting to nearer 4.30 he usually goes of again after a few attempts to resettle but then wakes again at 6 so i have been feeding him and putting him back down then he will sleep till i wake him today it was 8.30 ???
but then he was back in bed at 10 till gone 12pm ??? not sure if he is coming down with something
Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.