Author Topic: Nursery snack ideas for a fussy 2 year old...  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Catharine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Nursery snack ideas for a fussy 2 year old...
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:45:06 am »
Hi,

Can everyone help me with some ideas on what to give my fussy dd for her snacks in nursery?

My dd is a fussy eater in general: no cheese, no sauce, no dips, no vegies, nothing red or orange, no mixing of food so I can't do sandwiches.

She comes home for lunch but has two snack times in nursery: 9am and 11.30am. Everytime I check her lunchbox after school, nothing seems to get eaten, so she basically has nothing between breakfast at 7.30am and lunch around 1pm; she's starving by then. I can't expect the teachers to sit with her while she eats.

This is what was in her lunch box for the last 2 weeks and 75% of it comes back:

Thursday: strawberries, ritz biscuits, babybel cheese, cereal bar & jam & butter sandwich

Sunday: grapes, fish crackers, dairy drink, raisins, ham sandwich (untouched)

Tuesday: pears, cheese crackers, yoghurt, fruit bar, french toast

Thursday: pineapple, apple rice cakes, babybel cheese, munch bar, cheese spread on mini pita bread (untouched)

Sunday: apple, animal shaped biscuits, dairy drink, raisins, french toast

Tuesday: banana, pretzels, yoghurt, fruit bar, jam & butter sandwich

Her menu is the same every fornight and I have no more ideas.

Cheers,

Catharine

Nikki~

Re: Nursery snack ideas for a fussy 2 year old...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 06:33:34 am »
Wow, your change of menu looks great LOL! My kids get the same food every day for snacks... :-[

Apple or pear slices, carrrot sticks, cheese, corn thins (kind of like compressed popcorn in the shape of a large cracker and thin) with almond butter or vegemite spread, raisins, left over toast from breakfast.

I only put things in there that I know they like, if something regularly comes home uneaten I don't include it again (like ds doesn't like cheese at daycare, but will eat it at home). I don't worry so much about a balanced diet for snacks, I make up for variety with different lunches and dinners every night.

Offline Catharine

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:33:59 am »
Unfortunately my idea of a "great" menu is not shared by my dd. :(

I found some of that compressed popcorn that you mentioned however these ones were all flavoured like potato chips. The good thing is that is really low in fat, so will try it at home first and see if she likes it.

I wish I had more sandwich spread ideas. She doesn't like the cheese spread so I have only jam & butter.
Cheers,

Catharine

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 16:29:10 pm »
sandwich spread idea?  what about cream cheese and raisins or avacodo or egg/mayo (mashed it up).