Author Topic: This weekend....  (Read 717 times)

Offline gabbysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 03, 2006, 22:39:12 pm »
Here is my info:

How old is your child?    7 months
What’s his/her daily routine? 

E   Wake up at 6:30 and BF
   A   Activity
   E   7:30 Cereal/fruit
   A   Activity      
   S   8:30-9:30 or 10:00 sleep
   E   10:00ish BF
   A   Activity
   E   12:00 Lunch  veg/fruit
   A   Activity
   S   1:00-2:00 or 2:30 Sleep
   E   2:30 BF/snack         
   A   Activity
   (I leave for work at 4:30 so I'm not exactly sure of the rest           but I think is something like this:)
   E   4:30 bottle (4 oz)
   A   Activity
      E   5:30 Dinner
   A   Activity
   S   6:00 catnap 1/2 hour      
   A   Activity
      7:30 Bath, Bottle, Books, Tuck in

What’s nap routine?   Read books, PU/PD a couple of times
How long are naps?    45 min to 1.5 hours
What's bedtime routine? Time?  (above)
Do you bottle or breastfed??  Breastfeed
How much? or how long? She eats fast...about 10 minutes
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)  one side
How many wakes per night?  4 or 5  :(
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? She wants to be fed and then goes right back to sleep, she only eats a little sometimes
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry?  mantra always escalates so I just go in
What have you tried to settle??  Pu/PD just a few times though then I feed her.
What do you do for A time and how long is it?  Play on floor, walks, saucer, doorwaybouncer...approx 1.5 hours
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?  teething, crawling, pulling up, starting to cruise
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)  n/a
Do they have a prop? If so what is it?  paci   
Do they have a lovie?  no

My question is about pu/pd in the nighttime.  We have been doing it for naps for about 2 weeks and it has worked pretty well.  This week-end I was planning on doing it in the nighttime.  I'm nervous!  What if she is really hungry and that is why she cries.  My other thought is won't she just grow out of waking in the night?  And she goes right back to sleep after I feed her...  I guess I need some encouragement here.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: This weekend....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 20:53:38 pm »
Don't worry, you're doing the right thing! I suppose she might just outgrow it eventually, but wouldn't you rather have her gain that independence and security and be able to sleep on her own so much sooner? I think you do, or you wouldn't have bothered with PU/PD at all.  ;) 

Are you dreamfeeding? I assume not since you didn't put that in your routine. Many LOs are ready to go without a nightfeed at 7 mo. but some still need one for quite some time. It can be hard to tell if they're hungry or not - but a hunger cry often has a coughlike quality. And, if you resettle and LO wakes again shortly after then it's often genuine hunger.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o