Author Topic: I'm back....and not happy!!!!  (Read 723 times)

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
I'm back....and not happy!!!!
« on: October 04, 2006, 14:06:23 pm »
Why oh why is she waking again......
She had been doing so well and now she is waking to eat again! She woke up at 3:30 last night screaming her head off so DH went in and tried to settle her. After about half an hour he gave her 2oz of formula to see if she was hungry. She drank it in two seconds and he put her back to bed. Usually we don't hear a peep till morning but about 10 mins later she was crying again. I went in and gave her another 5oz which she drained. She slept till 7:30 and woke up screaming again.I feed her not really thinking she would take much but she drained almost 9oz :o. She ate well yesterday and I actually reintroduced her 11:00 bottle because the last week she had been waking earlier and earlier to eat. It seemed to help for a couple of days but last night it all went south. Is it a growth spurt? What do I do now?
Kim

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
Re: I'm back....and not happy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 18:40:21 pm »
Its your friend the growth spurt.. Just keep feeding more during the day to balence it out. I know its hard. It may be time to increase the solids more. Do you feed the solids first yet?
Kimberly

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 18:49:30 pm »
This is one friend I could do without. :P
I'm still feeding her her bottle first and then solids. Should I switch? Her schedule is someting like this.
7:30 bottle
9:00 breakfast
12:00 solids
2:30 bottle
5:00 supper
7:00 bottle and bed
I didn't give her a bottle at 11 today as she didn't seem hungry. I think maybe I should stop that one as she seems to fill up on formula instead her food. How would her schedule look if it was solids first.?
Kim

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 19:05:30 pm »
OK Try Solids at 7:30 and try to increase it a little at a time, bottle before nap, diaper change to brake up feed/sleep, solids at lunch, again increase the amounts, leave PM bottle the same, but also give a snack or cookies, cheerio's or fruit, then supper at 5, increase amounts again, then bottle bed.

That should give you the right balence of milk and solids.
Kimberly