Author Topic: Question about 9 month olds routine  (Read 701 times)

Offline sophiasmommy

• Sari~ proud mommy to Maja 12/28/94~Donato 04/28/96~Sophia 01/04/06
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • Sophia's Site
Question about 9 month olds routine
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:54:00 am »
My dd just turned 9 months old today. We have been doing EASY since she was 3 months old and have been doing pretty good (thanks to Tracy and this site!!) She has been really good at transitions re:naps & feeds. We had a few nap issues but after asking for help (we were still on 3 hr EASY at 7 months old) and someone suggesting 4 hr EASY, we were back on track. Here is my question; the last 2 days my lo has been waking early from her PM nap (sleeps for 40-45 min) and she wakes up screaming "mamamamama" and is very difficult to settle. I try and get her to go back to sleep (shhh/pat,pupd) but she gets frantic so I give up and take her out of our room and she is fine?! Am I maybe putting her down too soon?? I'll post her routine.

Wake 5:30-6 AM BF and back to sleep until 7:30
8AM: Solids cereal w/fruit and toast
9:45 nap 1 - 11/2 hr
11/11:15 BF and snack (handfull of nu trios or puffs)
12/12:30 Lunch-meat and veg and fruit
1:30 PM nap  was sleeping until 3 now wakes within 40-45mins
3 BF and snack (dried fruit or fresh)
5:30 dinner -meat/veg and fruit
7-7:30 BF
8 Bath and wind down asleep by 8:30-8:45
She wakes occasionally at 3 or 4 but I pick her up and give her a cuddle and a drink of water and she goes right back to sleep I won't give her the breast until after 5 although I would like to try and not feed her at 5:30 and make her wait until 7. Any suggestions??I would also like some advise on introducing snacks, I give her gerber puffs & dried fruit, fresh fruit,nu trios,crackers,water and I was going to start giving her yobaby organic yogurt but I don't always give her snack at a consistent time, usually I give her finger foods on her tray to keep her occupied while I get her food ready, but I am worried I am overfeeding her. Should she have set snack times? Is she not eating enough for her age?
I'm wondering if she still needs 4 Bfeedings a day? I was going to drop one BF and give her soy milk instead? Could her E times be affecting her S ? Should her A time in the PM be longer? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
For pics of Sophia,check out her site!www.sophia.mytinybaby.com