Author Topic: Naps of 10 mins after waking up for a poo and won't go back to sleep!  (Read 883 times)

Offline barbarab

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Just a quickie, the EASY routine is going well but for the last two days, our lo who is 8 weeks goes up for her nap quite easily and falls asleep for about 10 mins and then starts crying.  When I go up to check her she has pooed and once changed, I try to get her back to sleep but she won't have any of it.  Any tips?

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Naps of 10 mins after waking up for a poo and won't go back to sleep!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 10:43:12 am »
OK, this is going to sound really weird, but i used to hold dd1 over a sink, encouraging her to do a poo before she would go down for naps and bedtime. This went on until she sat on a potty at 13 months. I would also press (not hard of course) her legs to tummy to get gas out and if any poo would come out, great ;D! But the holding over the sink worked really well for us cause she went through a stage when she would wake up very soon after a nap with a dirty diaper. With dd2, she's a little more predictable - she tends to save her poos for 5am wake ups  ::). I am not sure if I like that thou cause I have to try to change her with as little stimulation as possible, but not much I can do about it.

HTH
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:16:03 pm »
You can 'bicycle' the legs as well to encourage the poo to come out before you put her down for a nap :).
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 12:57:43 pm »
this has been an on- off problem with us for months! she will have phases which last anywhere up to a week where she will poo halfway through her morning nap and not go back to sleep- I have tried varying her breakfast to see if the type of food (fruit vs cereal etc) makes a difference but nothing works- if she's gonna go, she's gonna go! Then she will stop doing it for a few weeks then all of a sudden she's off again! grrrrrrrr. We also have had the 5am poos but that seems to have stopped now too.
the only thing I can say Barbara is that when it happens I just go with the flow, get her up if she absolutely will not sleep and watch her cues like a hawk for her next naptime
k x
]