Author Topic: Short Nap  (Read 968 times)

Offline new_mom_lisa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Short Nap
« on: October 05, 2006, 14:13:55 pm »
After my DS has a short nap that is shorter than his 3hr. feed schedule should I feed him right away or wait for 3hrs?  Or wait until he cries to eat? 

Ie.  Say he was awake 1hr.  Slept. 1 hr. so he is awake after 2 hrs.  Do I feed him or wait?

Offline yifahg

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 14:38:58 pm »
My 4 month old baby girl should take her first morning nap at 10 AM. for the past week she started to wake up after 30-45 min and will not go back to sleep. should I insist and do PU/PD with her or just continue the day. the next feeding is at 12 PM, so it means I need to keep her on A till feeding time. I can use some advice.  Also during the night she is tossing and turning a couple of time in search for he pacifier, my question is should I give it to her or she will get used to it and demand it all the time? how do I deal with that?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Short Nap
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 15:46:14 pm »
I'd try to wait until as close to the next feed time as possible. Of course if your LO is upset and hungry, feed him. If not, see if he can wait - if so, you can feed him and then just do diaper change and put him straight down for a nap.

You may want to check the Props board for information on pacifiers.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01