Author Topic: Dream feed after an early bed time?  (Read 772 times)

Offline kc456

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 06, 2006, 04:52:35 am »
My baby (3.5 mo) started daycare for a couple of days a week, and he does not nap there well. So towards the end of the day he's pretty wiped out, and started going to bed earlier, 6:30 PM instead of 7:30.

So his approximate feeding schedule is:
7:30 AM
10:30 AM
1 PM
4 PM
6 PM
Asleep 6:15 - 6:30

Then a dream feed at around 10:30 PM and 1 or 2 night feedings (we are working on getting the night feedings to one only).

So if the dream feeding is at 10:30, he's gone without a meal for 4.5 hrs. Is it how it's supposed to be? Or should we try to give him a feeding in between, like a second, earlier dream feed to tank him up?

This evening, after eating at 6 PM and hitting the sack at 6:15 he woke up at 7:30 and 9:30 and both times DH was able to settle him. But I wonder if we should use this awakening to offer him a feeding, and then a dream feed closer to 11 PM? Or the whole point is to space out the feeding at night, so he'll eventually drop the night feeding and the dream feeding?

What do you guys think?

He's breastfed and I posted details on his schedule earlier here:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=74112.0

Thanks!

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: Dream feed after an early bed time?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 08:50:05 am »
My LO goes to bed around 6:30 as well. Do you want to try cluster feed and see how it goes? 6pm, 8pm, 10:30 DF?
Your LO might go through growth spurt... How much does your LO eat per feed?