Author Topic: Waking up happy after 30 min?  (Read 977 times)

Offline jwhitt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: October 06, 2006, 15:33:12 pm »
Does this meen he needs more A time?  The last 3 days I've put him down after 3 hours of A time first thing in the morning and he slept over an hour every time.  Today I did it and he's awake right now after 30 min. but just talking and cooing to himself.  I'm not going in unless he starts crying since it's still technically "naptime".  Just when I think I have him figured out...he changes it all up on me again!  He also had a night waking last night well technically this morning around 5:00.  He was awake til 5:45 and then only went back to sleep for another hour and was up for the day at 6:45 when he usually sleeps straight through til 7:30-ish.  Could this have contributed to it too?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Waking up happy after 30 min?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 15:41:01 pm »
How old is he?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline jwhitt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 17:58:48 pm »
6 months.

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Waking up happy after 30 min?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 22:32:10 pm »
Could you post your routine.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline jwhitt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 01:00:10 am »
E - 7:00
A - (solids around 8:30)
S - 10-11
Y
E - 11:00
A - (solids around 12:30)
S - 2:30-3:30 (more like 3:15 most days)
Y
E - 3:30
A
S - we're still working on dropping the catnap...sometimes he sleeps for 10 min around 5-5:30, sometimes he doesn't sleep at all which results in cranky baby by bedtime.
Y
E - 6:00 solids
A - bath around 7:00 then bottle of EBM
S - asleep by 7:30
He sleeps through the night.

I can't seem to ever get him to nap for more than an hour and I don't know if we'll be able to completely drop the catnap til he does.  This is his ideal schedule.  Most days he sleeps for 1hr-1hr 10 min. in the morning and more like 45-55 minutes in the afternoon.  If I can get him to wake up from his afternoon nap between 3:45-4:00 it would be perfect and he wouldn't need another nap before bed, unfortunately, that rarely happens, lol...he is usually awake by 3:15.  I've tried nursing him before this nap because I thought maybe he was waking up due to hunger but the result is always the same.  Believe it or not, this is a drastic improvement over how things were.  I don't think he slept longer than 35 minutes during the day once between 2 1/2 months and 5 months old yet he's been sleeping 11-12 hours at night since 3.5 months. 

Today though, he woke at 6:45, went down for his nap at 9:45 and was awake by 10:15.  He talked to himself in his crib til 10:30 when he started crying so I got him up then.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home from getting groceries for 10 mintues, was CRANKY when we got home.  I tried putting him down around 1:30-ish, but he had no interest in napping then and he didn't go down until 2:15 (I NEVER know when to put him down when he gets those quick naps in the car!) and he only slept 30 minutes.  He woke up cranky again so I went ahead and fed him.  He kept falling asleep nursing so I finally just nursed him laying down and let him fall asleep that way (bad I know!) but he needed the sleep and I couldn't get him to take a decent nap otherwise...he slept from 3-4 and was happy til bedtime.

He's also had a lot of trouble settling for naps lately.  I used to rock him a little, lay him down and he'd fall asleep on his own (he had been doing this since about 3.5 months)  Now he fights me every step of the way.  I can get him calm in the livingroom by reading him a book and singing to him.  He starts to get a good daze so I think it's time to go rock him for a little and put him down, but the second I walk into his room he goes crazy.  He starts screaming and I end up walking him around the house for awhile, then put him down, screaming, and pat his butt til he falls asleep.  It's exhausting and it's been taking 20-30 minutes to get him down (45 on a bad day) when it used to take less than 15.  Anyways, I know this is longwinded!  I'd appreciate any help I can get!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 01:09:16 am by jwhitt »