Author Topic: A tip for darkening the room  (Read 968 times)

Offline Sandi Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 06, 2006, 16:57:43 pm »
This message board has been a life saver to me. Just knowing I am not alone makes me feel better. Thank you to everyone who posts their situations and their success stories!

Just wanted to share this tip. I read in a book about the Redi-shade. It's sold at Home Depot, Lowe's and Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have a room darkening shade and what they call the Black Out shade. I wanted the Black out Shade but it did not come in a width long enough so we got the room darkening shade and it works great with thick curtains. And it's so easy to install - you just simply take off the strip on the top and stick it on. That's it. And it's so inexpensive. My husband got ours from Home Depot and it was like $6.00. We also bought one for another room. It darkens the room and then you can open it to allow the sun in when you want. We had foil on the window first.

Also, the white noise. I had not tried it before this morning around 5:30am at the end of a very long week of short naps to no naps to no sleep at night. Then like magic - she was out.

Is there an area for preemie baby questions? My little one was six weeks early and I'm having a hard time finding a website like this for preemie babies.  One here would be wonderful as I'm really taken to the E.A.S.Y.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 17:16:53 pm by Sandi Mom »

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: A tip for darkening the room
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 17:33:56 pm »
Thanks for the tip!!!!!  I'm working on a list of room darkening ideas for General sleep and will add this to it.  Lots of preemie moms here, myself included.  Just ask a question in the correct forum and add the fact that babe is preemie to it.  (Make sense?)  That can help you get age appropriate advice.   Welcome to the site!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.