Author Topic: All of a sudden earlier mornings...naps to blame?  (Read 740 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
All of a sudden earlier mornings...naps to blame?
« on: October 06, 2006, 18:14:16 pm »
My DS (4months and 1 week old) all of a sudden is waking earlier than normal.  At 9 weeks old, he started sleeping from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.  without ANY feedings or wakings.  Now for the past few days, he's waking at 6:30 a.m.  He plays for awhile, and then starts whining.  This morning I left him (not crying) and he wouldn't go back to sleep so I finally got him at 7:45.  Yesterday I got him at 6:30 and fed him which threw off our entire routine. This is his routine

8:00 a.m. (wake though the past few mornings 6:30)
10-11 nap

12:00 p.m. eat
1-4:00 nap

4:00 eat
5:30-6:15 nap

7:30 eat
8:00 bedtime

He currently drinks about 36 ounces a day.  My ped told me that once he starts waking early to start cereal, which I plan on starting tomorrow.  Do you think he's waking because he's hungrier than normal?  Also normally I have to wake him from his morning nap (to keep his 1:00 nap to coincide with his sister) but today he only slept 45 mins.  I put him in for his afternoon nap 2 hours later, and again another 45 mins.  Though right now he's on/off sleeping it seems.  Do you think he possibly is ready to give up his third nap??????  I put him in at 5:30 and then he talks and plays and normally falls asleep closer to 5:45 so really only sleeps 30 mins there, but I wake him to preserve bedtime.

Suggestions?