Author Topic: Anyone online? Quick advice for tasty food for ill toddler  (Read 3173 times)

Offline franchick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Re: Anyone online? Quick advice for tasty food for ill toddler
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 13:33:56 pm »
Thanks again - your posts have made me feel better. I am desparately wishing the hours away at work today just so I can go home and give Katie a big hug.....

Yes - it did just start out as a cold - it seems such a shame that it has gone to her chest. She had a similar thing last year after her bronchiolitis, so I guess maybe that is just her vulnerable area for illnesses.

And, I have to admit, the doctor lady was very nice and just gave us some nice supportive advice and tried not to make Katie cry when she was checking her over. Plus, she gave us some Nurofen for free because we had run out of it. Nice lady.

I will try mash tonight - she's not a big fan of scrambled eggs. She does love yoghurt, though, so maybe will manage some.

Daddy and grandma have been looking after her today - grandma normally always manages to get her to eat a little something, so I know she will be fine. Daddy is always good at helping her drink her milk or water or whatever, so that's good too.

Roll on 5 o'clock.....

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 14:09:02 pm »
One of Charlotte's favorites is yogurt with a Wheetabix crushed into it.   Or any type of ice cream, bad since she is lactose intolerant.  Glad she is doing better and she had a nice doc.  Love those free meds!!   ;)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Lucysmom

• Showing Appreciation 118
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 17:28:01 pm »
That is great that she likes yoghurt.  Definitely encourage her to eat as much yoghurt as she wants as it helps a lot when on antibiotics.  Helps keep their digestive system in balance because antibiotics can kill off useful bacteria that live in the stomach and intestines.  That is why a common side effect of many antibiotics is diarrhea or upset tummy.  The acidopholous or whatever in yoghurt replenishes the lost bacteria I think.  In any case, that is great that she was with daddy and grandma today.  And that she is with you tonight!  {{{HUGS}}} to both of you!

Offline franchick

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 19:34:27 pm »
Well, thanks everyone - you have been so nice and helpful and loving.

Katie actually seemed a lot better when I got home, although she only managed a little porridge and milk today. She had some yoghurt in the bath (with a little bit of nurofen mixed in...  ::)), then she wanted to do water play at the sink for a while (definite sign of things on the up), then she downed 4 ozs of milk before bed time (with antibiotics in - the things we do to get meds into her. LOL), before rolling over and snoring her wee head off - very early bed time again, so I'm feeling at a bit of a loss now - so, lurking and posting on BW instead!

Thanks again.